Question about platform bed for SleepEZ 13000

[quote=“Phoenix” post=54262]Hi matwhich,

[quote]I contacted Haiku designs :
Many of their beds are E1 certified. However, the bed I was interested in is the Hiro bed which is not E1 certified but it is Carb 2 compliant (which is the California standard for emissions and is pretty strict)… So that’s good. However, the slats are spaced 3.5 inches apart. I thought to use a mattress without box spring the slats should be not more than 3 inches apart. Is that right?[/quote]

For a mattress that uses a latex support core I would use 3" (or preferably less) as a guideline and for a mattress that uses a polyfoam support core I would use 5" (or preferably less) as a guideline. If you use the tatami mat then the 3.5" slat separation would be fine for latex as well.

Phoenix[/quote]

So for hybrid beds like brooklyn bedding bme or love bed what would you recommend? They have poly support foams so i’m thinking 5? However when i asked Mario he mentioned. 3 inches i think( if i remember correctly).

Thanks so much!

Hi matwhich,

It will depend to some degree on the specifics of the slats and also on the type of foam that is being used for the support core so a manufacturer is usually the best source of guidance because they will know their mattresses (and their warranty criteria) better than anyone else but in general terms with standard 1 x 3 slats I would suggest 5" as a maximum for a mattress that uses a polyfoam support core but smaller gaps would be better yet. 3.5" would be fine.

Phoenix

[quote=“Phoenix” post=54265]Hi matwhich,

It will depend to some degree on the specifics of the slats and also on the type of foam that is being used for the support core so a manufacturer is usually the best source of guidance because they will know their mattresses (and their warranty criteria) better than anyone else but in general terms with standard 1 x 3 slats I would suggest 5" as a maximum for a mattress that uses a polyfoam support core but smaller gaps would be better yet. 3.5" would be fine.

Phoenix[/quote]

Thanks so much Phoenix!