Questionable mattress brand; Please help!

Yesterday I purchased a mattress on a whim from a “mattress clearance store”. :unsure: The salesperson was kind, incredibly helpful in a non-pushy manner, and eager to help my boyfriend and myself find something that suited our comfort needs and within our price range.
In hindsight, I’m perplexed at how quickly I said “yes!” to the mattress in question here; I always feel like I’m the world’s most cautious buyer, I’ve done lots of mattress research in the past and have still been very hesitant to purchase one up until now. Good grief! I think waking up with yet another headache sent me over the edge and all reason was out the window!
After leaving the store, quite happy at that point with the selection and mostly satisfied with the price, it dawned on me: I’ve never heard of the mattress brand. :pinch: STUPID! I’ve now done some incredibly thorough Google searches, and while I can find a company website that seems to be in infant stages, and talks of some Vegas showroom on that site, I cant 't find any actual information AT ALL on this mattress brand elsewhere.
Amazon.com is selling the memory foam mattresses made by this particular company (which by the way don’t seem to be available on the brand website any longer), and while those reviews seem to be alright, it doesn’t really matter to me because it isn’t the mattress type I purchased.

EXHALE<
SO, at this point I still have the option to cancel delivery for this mattress. Any insight? Ever heard of this brand? Link to the set I purchased below, Queen size with latex:

http://www.silver-rest.com/collections/hybrid-mattresses/products/ana-plush-12-tight-top-hybrid-mattress

I feel for you, having done something similar in the past, altho not with a mattress.

I do know what buyer’s remorse feels like, and that seems to be what you’re experiencing. If you’re not sure you’re happy with the purchase, but do have the option to cancel the purchase, you might want to give that some serious thought. I’m sure in your position I would be thinking real hard about doing that.

I guess it depends on how much you like the feel of the mattress, and what you think of the way it’s constructed. I don’t really trust reviews, especially those on Amazon - I’ve played around on the Amazon forums enough to know that some people post reviews just for fun rather than to actually inform people about products.

I think I was just lucky with my mattress buying experience - I was pretty sure I wanted an all Dunlop latex mattress (my dad had one of the ones that Sears made back in the 1960s and was still using it when he died in 1999), and I found a store that carried good ones (thanks to Phoenix, I found the store). What I did was test out the mattress, and then go home and think about it for a few days before going back, trying it again, and buying it. I ended up with a mattress I love, and no buyer’s remorse.

Good luck with your decision - a bed is an important part of life!

Hopefully I can be of some help. I linked Silver Rest to Dynasty Mattress awhile back. I have a memory foam mattress bought through Dynasty Mattress that turned out to be the SilverRest Monaco (https://www.amazon.com/SilverRest-Sleep-Shop-14-Inch-Mattress/dp/B002K4I5LA) mattress. It was $900 at the time which was talked down to $800 when I tried to return it multiple times after I measured the mattress and noticed several inches missing in both length and width. The lifespan of the mattress was approximately 3 years (dragged to 4) and I’m in the process of replacing it(foam softening, loss of support leading to back pain when side sleeping: can still sleep on my back, though!). I would not recommend this brand due to its quality despite the low price(although, I note that Dynasty Mattress now appears to be on the Certipur site) .

Hi Mickayla,

As GrandmasterJ mentioned (thanks for sharing your experience :)), they are the same manufacturer and both are made by Springfield Mattress which is also an Englander and a King Koil licensee.

The foams are sourced in China and while Dynasty has Certipur certification SilverRest and Springfield don’t (NOTE: both of these are now on the CertiPUR list). Certipur certification gives some assurances that the mattress doesn’t contain harmful substances or emit VOC’s more than the testing limits but doesn’t say anything about the quality of the materials.

A mattress is only as good as the quality of the materials inside it and in my experience some of the SilverRest and Dynasty products may have incorrect descriptions (based on their listed foam densities compared to their shipping weight). You can see some comments about both of them in post #5 here and in post #2 here and a forum search on Silverrest and on Dynasty will bring up more about them as well.

post #6 hereYou can also see a few more comments about memory foam that is sourced from China or Asia and may have been subjected to compression for longer periods of time in .

Phoenix

Thank you all for your feedback! I was able to cancel my order. Lesson learned!