Questions about Dreamfoam, Ikea Mattresses and Frames, Addable

Hi The Riddler,

[quote]The idea of a firmer mattress with more edge support and the higher density core had me considering the Eve Mattress. Via chat their specs are:
our top layer, which is the next generation foam layer, is 2 inches thick and has a density of 2.5lb/ft3
our second layer, which is the active response layer, is 1 inch thick and has a density of 3.0lb/ft3
our third layer, which is the support base layer, is 6.5 inches thick and has a density of 2.43lb/ft3
Now of course I have pause because the top layers are low density for memory foam. The chat rep also stated that these are actual memory foams and not something like Energex.
What do you think?[/quote]

As I think you’re already aware, the 3" of 3 lb or lower density memory foam in the upper layers are a weak link in this mattress and based upon the durability guidelines I linked to in one of my earlier replies in this thread I would provide a strong caution against a product using such componentry. Plus, you said you like to be “on” the mattress versus “in”, and memory foam will allow you to sink in more, so that’s another reason you may not like such a product.

I explain this in my synopsis in the simplified choice thread on the Addable. There are no lower quality materials or weak links in this mattress, but for higher BMIs I would provide a caution with the 4 lb memory foam and the 1.8 lb polyfoam, as ideally I’d recommend 5 lb memory foam and 2 lb polyfoam for higher BMIs, but for the price the mattress offers an excellent value in relation to the componentry it contains.

Yes, while you are correct it is not as simple as that, there are plenty of people with no mattress experience starting up their own mattress companies. Many are schooled in SEO marketing versus mattress construction.

Phoenix