Radium Foam IDL?? Vs. Latex International

Hello,

I am trying to get some information on Radium Foam Latex. I could find nothing listed about the product’s IDL at all on the manufacture’s website. I like to know the comparison between Radium Foam’s Firmest model Vs. Latex International’s N5 core. Also how can you tell which brand of Talalay you are getting online? Most places I have called, offer both Brands and this seems like a grey area to me because they might as well give the customer any Material they have without your knowledge.

Thank you

Hi Floorsleeper,

You can see a list of the ILD ranges for Radium’shereforboththeirblendedand100%https://uploads.mattressunderground.com/outside/0https://uploads.mattressunderground.com/outside/1

The only way to know would be by asking a reputable online dealer who will accurately tell you what they sell and would have no reason to deceive their customers about what they are purchasing.

Phoenix

Hi again

Is Radium’s Superior Blended? Also is the natural available in a solid 8" or standard 6"core?

Thanks

So if my research is correct :

Talalay 100% Natural:

Radium Foam N9 ILD 44 > Latex International N5 ILD 36

Radium Foam is firmest available then?

Thanks

Hi Floorsleeper,

Yes … the Superior is their blended Talalay which is about a 30% natural and 70% synthetic latex blend. They only make 6" cores.

There will be some variation between them because ILD is always in a “range” and not a specific number and one company’s ILD may not be an exact match for another and there are also several factors that determine the firmness of a layer besides just ILD alone (100% natural latex for example has a higher compression modulus than blended Talalay and this is also a factor in firmness if you compress a layer more than 25% or its thickness). The Latex International N5 could be somewhere in a range between about 35 ILD and 42 ILD. The N9 from radium would be firmer than the N5 from LI if both layers were the same thickness.

Phoenix

Why do you want Talalay if you want very firm latex? Seems like dunlop would be a more natural fit.

Hi

I checked with sleeplikeabear.com she said that Radium’s N8 is the firmest they carry. And the N9 is discontinued. Is this true? Then I called sleepez.com they claim they carry Radium’s ILD 44. How come the discrepancy, don’t they order from the same distributor? I then called Latexco, and they wouldn’t give me any information. Now I just need to know what is the truth. Since, I find both brands comparable as of now.

Thanks

I like higher quality product. My opinion after research and looking at the samples locally.

Hi Floorsleeper,

The ILD chart I linked came directly from Radium in Holland and was updated and correct as of April of this year and as far as I’m aware they are still making the N9.

If SleepEz says they carry it then I would certainly trust them to provide you with accurate information about what they sell.

Phoenix

I called Vita Foam locally and they referred me to Vancouver Foam. They checked and could only order in N8. So it seems strange to me that 2 retailers can’t get N9.

Misleading video.

Dunlop is firmer than Talalay at the same IDL.

Hi Floorsleeper,

You can see my comments about the video in post #4 here. I also agree with mcleanm that for most people Dunlop would feel firmer than Talalay if both were the same ILD and layer thickness and you will likely be able to find firmer Dunlop than Talalay. There is more about the differences between them in post #7 here.

Phoenix

Agree. Understand. I just prefer the Talalay material in the end of the day, even if it’s softer.