Re: Latex Mattresses

Hi Phoenix,

I’m glad I came across your site - it’s incredibly informative and helpful.

I am looking to buy a new mattress and am interested in latex.

I’ve looked at SleepEZ mattresses (based on your recommendation), but in doing some research, I also came across CozyPure.

I don’t know if you can answer this question, but in your opinion, how does CozyPure mattresses compare to SleepEz organic mattresses in terms of quality/owner satisfaction/comfort? There is a not insignificant price difference between the two and I would like to know whether the CozyPure price premium is worth it.

Thanks in advance!

Hi newtomattresses,

Only you can answer whether any mattress is “worth it” to you so any guidance I can provide is always about “how” to choose rather than “what” to choose but there is more about the most important factors in the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here and the posts it links to that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

It will come down to …

1. Your confidence that a mattress is a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) based either on personal testing (which wouldn’t be possible unless you are local to either of them) or a more detailed conversation on the phone. PPP is the most important part of the “value” of a mattress purchase.

2. Making sure that there are no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress (which there aren’t in the mattresses made by either manufacturer you mentioned).

3. Comparing for value based on all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you including prices of course and the options you have after a purchase in your choice isn’t as suitable a “match” for you as you hoped for.

There is also more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (locally or online) in post #2 here that can help you identify and minimize the risks involved with each of them.

There is also more about the different ways that one mattress can “match” another one in post #9 here. The Cozy Pure mattresses and the SleepEZ mattresses have different designs and options although they use similar quality/durability materials (Cozy Pure uses 100% natural Dunlop latex while SleepEZ provides the option to choose between 100% natural Dunlop, 100% natural Talalay, or blended Talalay). There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here and more about the differences between Dunlop and Talalay in post #7 here.

While I can’t speak to which one would be the best “match” for you in terms of PPP or the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you … I can certainly confirm that both Cozy Pure and SleepEZ make very high quality mattresses that use high quality and durable materials (latex) and that there are no weak links in any of their mattresses. They would both be well worth considering and talking to on the phone.

Phoenix

Thanks for your response, Phoenix!

I did not know that CozyPure mattresses were 100% dunlop latex. Furthermore, I did not know that there was a marked difference between dunlop and talalay (based on the youtube video in one of your links). Very helpful.

I feel I need to get to a showroom and lay one both before deciding.

Hi newtomattresses,

I think that would be a good idea to get a general sense of how you feel about different types and firmness levels of latex mattresses and to help you “translate” the more technical information about the feel or performance of latex (or any material) into your own personal experience.

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know about the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

Phoenix.