Read and Read through the forum; Narrowed choices to 2 by DreamFoam. Any suggestions on which one?

I’ve read many posts after finding TMU from an Amazon review and now I’m down to two choices and want to see if I can get some community input.

Me: side sleeper/back, 5’11" 180 I like middle of the road firmness/softness. I am a hot sleeper, commonly referred to as a ‘furnace’. I like the beds that initially seem be firm, but give some softness as well. I’m calling that middle of the road.

I like these two the most. Anyone have experience with either one?

Option 1:
https://www.amazon.com/DreamFoam-Mattress-Ultimate-Dreams-Medium/dp/B00CP85RXK
I like because:
Choice of firmness level (I’d probably go 6, I’d guess?)
Lots of great reviews

Option 2:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0092UCN0Y/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
I like because:
Many review say how comfortable it is
Some reviews say it sleeps cool
Lots of 4 or 5 star reviews.

I’m grateful for the Amazon reviewer that posted TMU on their review, as I was a click away from buying a LUCID and while it might be ok, it seems that DreamFoam offers more value.

Thanks for any replies.

Hi MentholRum,

Dreamfoam is a member of this site which means that they compete well with the best in the country in terms of their quality, value, and service. Both of these would be good quality and value choices but they are really apples to oranges comparisons because latex and memory foam are very different materials (almost as opposite as two foam materials can be). You can read more about how they compare (even though they really don’t) in post #2 here.

Both Dreamfoam and other people have said that the 13" gel memory foam is similar in terms of “feel” to the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe except perhaps a little firmer so it you test the Cloud Luxe locally using the testing guidelines in post #1 here you will have an idea of how well it matches your specific needs and preferences in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences).

Sleeping on a latex comfort layer is a very different animal compared to memory foam and I would suggest that you test some Talalay latex mattresses locally to get some familiarity with the material and how it feels and performs. If you decide to go in this direction then I would suggest a more detailed conversation with them on the phone so they can help you with the firmness choice that may work best for you based on the averages of their customers that have a similar body type, sleeping positions and preferences.

If you have a strong preference for latex or memory foam when you test both materials that will help you eliminate one or the other although the gel foam would still need to be suitable for your body type and sleeping style while with the latex you can choose a custom firmness level.

Phoenix

First things first. Phoenix, thank you for the reply and the site.

It turned out that latex was the one for me over memory foam as I don’t like the memory foam feel. It’s comfortable, but latex is better for me. As is stated all over this site, a mattress not a one size fits all. I am glad that I had MU as a resource before buying.

If not for this site I would have bought a mattress that I now understand would have been a much lower value than what Dreamfoam Bedding provided me. I received the mattress quickly, the service by Chuck was par excellence. The quality of the bed exceeded my expectations. I will review this again in time, but at the moment, I could not be happier.

I ended up with the Ultimate Dreams Eurotop Latex Mattress, which has a removable 3" top that I can swap out soon if I have an issue now or in the future. That’s a great feature.

My back is a little tight, but I was expecting that. My previous mattress was really old, saggy and should have been replaced years ago. When I slept away from home in comfortable beds, I experience the same thing. I think I’ll need a few weeks to settle in.

One thing to note is I can sleep on my back comfortably again. My friend loved the bed too and she didn’t want to get out. She said it’s the most comfortable bed she’s slept in. I agree.

I’ll update after I’ve had more time with it. Thanks again, Phoenix!