Ready to purchase new mattress

I have read your mattress tutorial thoroughly and have done some research. I would like some recommendations, please.
Here are the facts: we are in our late 50’s, my husband sleeps on this back, and me on my side. We are both about 200 lbs. we both like firm beds, but not a brick. I’ve had back surgery and have residual pain. We’d like a king bed. Latex or memory foam or hybrid? Budget can be anywhere from $1600 - $3000. Please assist us with your selections. We are in Florida, and mattress temperature may be a concern. I’m ready to purchase ASAP. Thank you, Phoenix.

Hi Dzininglady,

[quote]I have read your mattress tutorial thoroughly and have done some research. I would like some recommendations, please.
Here are the facts: we are in our late 50’s, my husband sleeps on this back, and me on my side. We are both about 200 lbs. we both like firm beds, but not a brick. I’ve had back surgery and have residual pain. We’d like a king bed. Latex or memory foam or hybrid? Budget can be anywhere from $1600 - $3000. Please assist us with your selections.[/quote]

If you’ve read the tutorial then you probably know that there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to make specific suggestions or recommendations for which mattress would be best for you in terms of PPP based on specs (yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here). I’m certainly happy to act as a fact check or to answer any specific questions you may have to the best of my ability or to help with “how” to choose but the specifics of “what” to choose is always up to each person based on your budget and the criteria that are most important to you.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that will be helpful when you are comparing mattresses that you have tested or considered.

If you are comfortable with an online purchase then the tutorial post also includes some links to lists of the better online options I’m aware of and if you let me know the city or zip code where you are in Florida I’d also be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area as well where you can test the mattresses that are of interest to you locally.

Phoenix

Thanks. Zip code is 34231 / Sarasota. Would like a referral. Thank you.

Hi Dzinglady,

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Sarasota / Brandenton areas (subject to the guidelines in the post I linked about “value” in my last reply) are listed in post #5 here.

Phoenix