Recommendation on mattress pad/protector.

We recently purchased 2 new mattress after lots of research and agonizing. However, I forgot to get a mattress pad and need some help. I read the post on here but I can’t make sense of what pad to use for what material. I know wool pads were recommended but I didn’t like the feel of wool toppers on the beds we tried and we don’t sleep hot so I would prefer not to use wool or anything thick.

The first mattress was a king from keetsa. We got the all memory foam mattress but their protector encases the whole mattress. I just want something on top that I can remove easily and clean. I also think we need something that will not affect the memory foam (hence no wool topper). What is recommended with memory foam? I also wouldn’t mind a water protective layer but don’t want a plastic cover. Would the Luna or protectabed be the right type of material? Microfiber??

We also bought a Berkeley ergonomic all latex with added latex topper for our primary mattress. I would like an organic topper, since I am pregnant, but more importantly I would like something to protect the mattress but not interfere with that latex feel. Again something thin so It won’t interfere with latex. What material is the best protector for latex?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Mdallal,

[quote]The first mattress was a king from keetsa. We got the all memory foam mattress but their protector encases the whole mattress. I just want something on top that I can remove easily and clean. I also think we need something that will not affect the memory foam (hence no wool topper). What is recommended with memory foam? I also wouldn’t mind a water protective layer but don’t want a plastic cover. Would the Luna or protectabed be the right type of material? Microfiber??

We also bought a Berkeley ergonomic all latex with added latex topper for our primary mattress. I would like an organic topper, since I am pregnant, but more importantly I would like something to protect the mattress but not interfere with that latex feel. Again something thin so It won’t interfere with latex. What material is the best protector for latex?[/quote]

I’m not sure which post you were reading but I don’t recommend any specific mattress protector, mattress pad, or topper because this would be a personal preference and each person has different criteria that are most important to them. There is more about the differences between mattress protectors, mattress pads, and mattress toppers in post #10 here but if you are looking for a mattress protector (that is designed to have the least possible effect on how your mattress feels) vs a mattress pad or a topper (which are different products that are designed to change how your mattress feels) then there is more about the pros and cons of different types of mattress protectors in post #89 here and the posts it links to which also include some good sources for each of them that can help you decide which type would be the best “match” for your own specific preferences and criteria.

Phoenix

Thank you for the links. I will take a look at the posts.