Recommendations for a RV short Queen bed replacement

I am a fulltimer in a 30ft. Class “C” motor home. It came with a built in solid platform short Qn. bed that i was using an air bed/mattress on. It isn’t working :slight_smile: so I am actively looking to replace it ASAP since the air bladder has [for the fifth time] developed a serious leak.

There is no room for any thing other than the actual mattress–preferably @ 8/9 inches deep. I am a combo sleeper, side mostly then some stomach, rarely back. 5’5", 210lbs. and I sleep alone, except occasionally w/my Dober gal, Junah.

I need something not TOO heavy or hard to move as room to make the bed or apply bedding is…tight?

I am familiar with latex, and after reading your excellent informational articles, I think I need a 2 1/2 to 3 in. comfort layer, with a combo innerspring w/a latex core or layer.

I can’t stand memory foam–too soft, too hot for me. I prefer natural materials, and have no love of polyfoam.

I am currently parked in Glendale, AZ. for the next three weeks and will be looking to purchase the “perfect” short RV Qn.

Can you point me at manufacturers in this area ? The list is HUGE here, and being able to narrow down the options would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi DoberG,

You have some great options in the Glendale / Phoenix area including three of the members of this site that sell mattresses online but in your case you will have the chance to test them locally. All of them can build custom sizes.

They are listed in post #4 here.

I wish everyone had the kind of local options available to them that you do :slight_smile:

Phoenix