Recommendations for latex mattress in Ottawa Canada?

Hi latcho drom,

Matelas Dauphin should be able to tell you if you ask them.

There is more about the 3 most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase if your choice doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for).

I can’t speak to whether any mattress will be a good match for someone else in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own Personal preferences) because you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and your own careful testing (hopefully using the guidelines in the tutorial) and/or your own personal experience will be the only way to know this.

In terms of durability I would need to know the information in this article to make any meaningful comments about the quality and durability of the materials in the mattress. If you can find out the information in the article about the materials and components in the mattress and post it on the forum I’d be happy to let you know if there are any lower quality materials or weak links that could compromise the durability and useful life of the mattress and would be a reason for concern.

If the only material in the mattress (outside of the cover) is Talalay latex and there are no other materials or components in the mattress then it would certainly make a very durable choice.

If you have done some careful testing and are confident that it would be a suitable choice in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP (or it has a good exchange/return option if you aren’t), and if you have confirmed that there are no lower quality materials or weak links in the mattress and it also compares well to your other finalists based on all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you then it would certainly be worth considering.

Subject to first confirming that any retailer or manufacturer on the list that you wish to visit is completely transparent and to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines I linked earlier in this reply … the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Quebec City area are listed in post #276 here.

Phoenix