Recommending where to buy best mattress in the Phoenix area

Hello , I would appreciate any advice as to where to shop for a great mattress in the Phoenix area. I am leaning more towards an organic one but not sure as yet. If someone can suggest in the Chandler , Fountain Hills , Scottsdale or Gold Canyon area I would really appreciate it.
Thank you in advance !!

Hi DREAMGIRLY,

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Phoenix area (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here) are listed in post #4 here.

You are very fortunate to live where you do since several of the manufacturing members of this site are based there which gives you the chance to test mattresses in person that most of the rest of the members that live in other areas of the country can only order online without being able to test them first.

Phoenix

Thank you. After going to quite a few stores we are going to buy two Talalay latex mattresses from Arizona Premium Mattress. It was a pleasure dealing with Ken the owner who educated us on latex mattresses. He is going to build a 13" mattress for us.
I wouid like your opinion on what to cover the latex mattress with. I do have two small dogs that sleep with me so it probably is a good idea to protect the mattress. But I got very hot at night & need to cover it with something that breathes. Especially in the Phoenix heat. Any suggestions ?
Thank you for all your great information which led us to Ken. He was a delight to talk too.

Hi DREAMGIRLY,

As you know I think you made a great quality/value choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

There is more about the pros and cons of different types of mattress protectors and some examples of each of them in post #89 here that should be helpful.

The most common choice would probably be one of the “thin membrane” types of protectors because they are mostly waterproof and have little effect on the feel and contouring of the mattress but there are a few people that use them that find that they sleep a little bit warmer because the membrane is only “semi breathable”. The wool quilted protectors without a membrane would be more temperature regulating but they are more water resistant than waterproof but “water resistant” may be good enough for you depending on the chance of an accident. The wool quilted protectors with a membrane would be more waterproof but wouldn’t be as temperature regulating as the ones without the membrane but because of the wool would be more temperature regulating than the thinner membrane type of protector without the wool. Thicker protectors will also have more of an effect on the feel of the mattress as well.

Phoenix

Yes I want a thin stretchy cover that will not retain heat. I believe water resistant wouid work. What brand wouid you recommend & best price to find one. I will need a queen & a king. I looked up the St Dormeir one’s. But it seems that the 16" will only fit up to a 12" mattress. Ours will be 13" therefore I would have to order a 24" one that fits a 20" mattress. That wouid be a lot of extra material I would think. Have you tried one of these. ? Any other specific brands I can look into & where to buy. ? I definitely do not want a thick one that will take away from the feel of the latex. We chose three layers of all soft.
Thank you !!!

Hi DREAMGIRLY,

I’m happy to let you know about the pros and cons of each of the different types of mattress protectors and help with how to choose but I don’t make specific suggestions or recommendations because you are the only one that can decide on the different criteria and tradeoffs that are most important to you.

I have never owned one myself but I do know many people that have and think highly of them. They are a little thinner and and have a little more stretch than some of the other wool quilted protectors. The 16" version would be fine for a 13" mattress (see post #2 here).

Phoenix