Replacement Foam for Airbeds

After testing out many beds in the stores and doing online research, we decided to take apart our Nautilus airbed for inspection. The air bladders are working fine, the foam sidewalls are fine…it is just the foam on top of the air bladders, and the foam inside the pillow top that are compressed. So, it seems more economical at this point to just go about replacing those.
Does anyone have a good source for those internal foam parts? I found one place that has a 1" foam that will go on the air bladders (generic) - All Of Air Beds Unlimited.Com Products: Air Bed and Air Mattress, Replacement Parts and Accessories.
but I can not find anyone selling the pillowtop fillers. It needs about 1.5" as far as I can tell from the uncompressed edges. Could I just buy any type of foam “topper” (memory foam, latex etc.) and then trim to fit? Would there be any issues with breathability?

Thank you!

Hi picklepot,

While you certainly can find some foam replacement layers from airbed aftermarket suppliers, I would suggest that you also consider some of the foam suppliers from the component post here. There you’ll have a wider selection of latex, memory foam and polyfoam options, in different levels of quality and firmness. The latex will generally the most breathable foam, with the memory foam generally the least breathable.

Regarding size, some of the foam suppliers will cut to size for you, where others will ship more standard sizes. Cutting foam, should you decide to do so, is quite easy with an electric carving knife, and has been done by quite a few forum members.

If you have more specific questions, let me know and I’ll do my best to answer them.

Phoenix

Thank you! I will check those out!

Hi picklepot,

I hope you’re able to find something that works for your situation, and I’m interesting in learning about what you decide to do.

Phoenix