Replacing water bed mattress with latex?

Hi kmiller,

Congratulations on your new mattress … as you know you certainly made a good quality/value choice although you may need to do some fine tuning so that it’s also a good “match” for you in terms of PPP.

I’m not sure what the real advantage of having a separate layer on the bottom may be since you can also remove and move the layers individually if you need to but if you have a separate layer on the bottom it may be a good idea to have it inside a dedicated cover (see post #2 here).

While you may need to exchange the middle layer for a softer layer (I would avoid making changes that are tool big because you may “jump over” the layering that would be best for you) … there is also a break in and adjustment period with any new mattress and I would give it a few weeks (a month is ideal if possible) before making any changes to your mattress (see post #3 here).

If your mattress turns out to be too firm once you have slept on it for a while and your experience or any “symptoms” have stabilized and are consistent then there are also some suggestions in post #2 here that may be helpful as well.

Phoenix