Request - Novosbed long-term review

I hope I get some responses but I get the sense that most poster of this forum are doing research instead of long term reviews.

My wife and I are interested in a Novosbed Aria. I know they have a great 120 trial period and that is one reason I would like to go with them. But this is a lot of money for us and I am afraid that all mattresses would be good once they break in up until the 120 days. I am curious if there are any long term Novosbed users, like multiple years that could give me some feedback.

From all my research this looks like a great product, but I want to be sure before I make such a large purchase.

Thanks.

Hi mattyb,

While I would doubt that there will be many people that will see your post that have owned a Novosbed Aria for 2 years or more … even if there were, reviews after only 2 years won’t tell you much about the durability of a mattress that is designed to last much longer than that and you would need a large number of reviews after 5 - 10 years (and I don’t believe the mattress has been available for that long) that included specific information about the body type and sleeping style of the person sleeping on the mattress (durability is relative to the person sleeping on a mattress) to be able to see any meaningful patterns about the durability of any mattress.

I would also be very cautious about using mattress reviews (positive or negative) about either the suitability of a mattress in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, or Personal preferences) or the durability of a mattress as a reliable source of mattress research or information and in many cases they can be much more misleading than helpful (see post #13 here).

A mattress is only as durable as it’s construction and the quality of the materials inside it and there are much more reliable ways to assess the durability of a mattress or whether it has any weak links in its design than using reviews (see this article and the quality/durability guidelines that it links to). There is also more detailed information about the many variables that can affect the durability and useful life of a mattress relative to different people in post #4 here and the posts it links to.

Having said that … Novosbed is transparent about the quality/density of the materials in all their mattresses and lists them on their website and there are no lower quality materials or weak links in any of their mattresses including the Aria.

NOTE ADDED JAN, 2016: They have now introduced their new simplified choice mattress which has replaced their previous models and have also become a member of this site.

While there are other good options available to you that would also be similar to the Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme … there is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses. If you are confident that the Aria (or the Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme that it approximates) is a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) and it also compares well to your other finalists based on all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you, then the Aria would certainly be worth serious consideration.

Phoenix

we’ve had a novosbed for at least 7 years now. I was trying to find our receipt to figure out exactly when. At any rate we are very happy with it. It doesn’t appear to have degraded at all. I’ll probably order a king size Harmony as soon as our renovations are done.

Hi Almostgoth,

Thanks for sharing your longer term feedback … I appreciate it :).

Just for clarification though, your mattress wouldn’t be 7 years old yet since Novosbed only started business in 2009 (see here and here).

Phoenix

well I feel silly…I had my wife try to see if she could find the receipt in her email…looks like we bought it in March 2013…it just feels like 7 years. [ducks]…:stuck_out_tongue: The receipt doesn’t mention what model of bed it was, just that it was a queen…

Hi Almostgoth,

The law tag on the mattress should specify the model you purchased.

I completely understand how time frames can seem longer than they really were … it happens to me all the time :slight_smile:

Either way … I appreciate your longer term feedback!

Phoenix