Response From Seller of Latex Mattresses- Feedback requested

Hi Phoenix,

Thank you for your response to my earlier question. I recently received this response from an internet latex mattress seller.

“Thanks for your interest in our organic latex line of products.
We only use 100% natural Dunlop latex in our products. It is the only way we can be sure we are getting a chemical and synthetic free latex material.
While I think talaly latex is a fine product we we would not use it in our mattress because it is not a chemical free or synthetic free material.
Talalay latex only comes in a blended form. What I mean by that is the formulation of talaly latex is either 80% syenthetic and 20% natural or a 70/ 30 blend.
The primary reason people use talalay latex is easy availability.
Dunlop latex that we use is manufactured in Sri Lanka and they make the finest chemical free and synthetic free latex in the world.
We bring large containers of latex into our factory from Sri Lanka in a wide variety of different firmness levels so that when a customer such as your self orders a mattress from us we can customize it to what ever firmness and support levels that are appropriate for your body size, weight and sleeping position.
As a matter of fact we actually have a customization questionaire that we go through with you, that determines exactly what firmness levels of latex are need to be placed in you mattress.
What i would suggest, is that you give me a call, and i will be happy to go through the different products that we have to make sure we are getting you the correct mattress for you.”

Do you agree with the response regarding Talalay vs. Dunlop latex?
thanks again,
Robert

Hi r1mayer,

This is a typical “marketing” response from a retailer that sells Dunlop. There are many parts of it that aren’t factual.

This is certainly misinformation and there is Talalay latex available that uses 100% natural rubber just like Dunlop.

This is also not true … the primary reason people use Talalay is that they prefer it (just like some prefer Dunlop). They are different not “better or worse”.

You can read a little more about the various different types of latex in this article along with post #6 here and post #6 here.

You have been given misinformation and are being “sold” a story … not facts which unfortunately is not unusual. Each type of latex has it’s own characteristics that are a matter of individual preference.

Phoenix