Restava Astoria and Delano

I emailed about the Astoria and asked if the top 2" layer cool comfort gel was 7.3lb and the 3-4 inches underneath was 5.3lbs and they told me this was correct. Does this sound right? I also notice what seems to be a discrepancy between the graphic showing the layers and what they say in writing above it.
The graphic shows 4" layer while the writing above it says a 3" layer, so which is it? I am leaning towards it and almost biting but the website and lack of reviews is holding me back. Its odd to me how few mentions online I find about it, no pictures in google images of owners showing the mattress, only one youtube video of older model mattress - Did they change their name or is this a small company, a gem in the rough waiting to grow? Looks like they have a A- on BBB which is a comforting piece, while Selectfoam has an F, is BBB really that unfair towards a business? I may go with SelectFoam despite teh F on BBB because they seem more transparent listing the densities and at least have more reviews on their page, 84 for the one model, assuming they are probably legit and not blocking the bad ones…

If you are looking at Select A Foam check out Tempflow and ask for Rick. Tempflow owns or should I say Relief Mart owns Select A Bed. Maybe the best airflow system I have found. Sending my Icompfort Prodigy back and going with Tempflow. They are very transparent and all is made in the USA

Hi jaybackintheday,

I believe that the specs you listed are incorrect.

Post #1 here and post #1 here both list the specs for the Astoria given to other members here and I believe it uses 5.3 lb gel memory foam in both layers (although of course they could confirm this because they are the original source of all the information here).

I believe that the 3" in the description is also a mistake and is the thickness of the second layer in the Delano … not the Astoria. Hopefully they will see this and correct the information on their site. Like many other manufacturers they don’t list all the specs on their site but they will gladly provide them on the phone and yours is the first I have heard that they didn’t seem to be accurate based on previous information.

Restava is a newer company that hasn’t been online or very long (less than 2 years) so they haven’t gathered as much attention but the owners behind the company have been making mattresses for much longer than this and are knowledgeable and experienced at what they do and like the other members here they compete well with the best in the industry. NOTE ADDED: They are no longer a member here since a redesign of their mattresses and they may no longer be fully transparent about the materials in their mattresses … see this topic.

I also don’t pay a lot of attention to mattress reviews (see post #13 here) although they can be helpful when it comes to assessing a company rather than a mattress.

You can see my thoughts about the BBB in post #3 and #4 here and points #1 and #5 in the comments here from another member and in post #4 here. BBB ratings are certainly affected by the fact that they are not a member so it doesn’t take much to drop the rating of a non member (in some cases it can be a single unanswered complaint that may even have been resolved or that they weren’t aware of) but having said that their rating was C+ a few weeks ago and rising but there have been two complaints in the last few weeks on the BBB site that dropped them back to an F and quite frankly they are a concern to me because they are connected to refunds that haven’t been received. Select foam has great customer service on the front end and their customer service staff are knowledgeable and go out of their way to help their customers and provide good service but if there are any issues where the ownership needs to become involved after a sale there are often too many mistakes and delays in resolving issues.

I have talked with them about this on several occasions and they were making improvements in both this area of their business and in some of the little mistakes in orders and inaccuracies on their site that have been somewhat frustrating to me but progress has been slower than it should be in my opinion (I would have looked after the issues much more quickly rather than piecemeal) and after a period of improvement it seems that some of the nagging issues of too many small mistakes that aren’t dealt with in a timely manner may be creeping back.

All of this has nothing to do with the quality or value of their mattresses but they certainly have a some distance to go in improving some of the areas of their business to match the overall quality of service of some of the other members here.

Phoenix