Restava vs Novosbed vs Christeli

Does anyone have any feedback on any of these three companies. I have some concerns about them all

1. Resteva doesn’t tell you much about there material (Feather Touch)
  2. Novasbed uses slightly less dense foam (3.7 and 4.1 vs 5.3 in other beds)
  3. Christeli only has a 30 day exchange policy (no full return)

Any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated

Thanks

Hi re_vogel,

A forum search will bring up much more information about each of them. They are all included in the list of the better online memory foam sources I’m aware of and Restava is also a member here.

They are completely transparent and will provide the density of all their foams to any of their customers when you talk with them.

They use 3.7 lb, 4.1 lb, and 5.2 lb memory foams depending on the model. The 3.7 lb memory foam is “close enough” to a 4 lb memory foam that I would treat it as being closely equivalent (see post #4 here).

You’re correct and this may be one of the factors that may be an important part of some people’s personal value equation.

All of these would be inside the density guidelines that I would use so I wouldn’t consider any of them to have any weak links (as long as the mattress you are looking at is weight appropriate).

You are certainly looking at some good options and I know it’s always tough to make a final choice when you are making comparisons between good and good.

Phoenix

Do you happen to know the density of the resteva foam?

Also,do you know anything about their warrantee? They say theirs is the best.

Hi re-vogel,

Restava can provide you with specifics for each mattress but they use a combination of 4.2 lb and 5.3 lb memory foams.

I don’t pay a lot of attention to warranties (see post #174 here) and more to the quality of the materials in a mattress which are a much more reliable indicator of the useful life of a mattress but you can see the details of their warranty here.

Phoenix

And it’s your opinion that the 3.7 lb memory foam shouldn’t be considered a negative? Even against 4.2 and 5.3 lb foam. Because there is not much price difference between resteva and novasbeds. And I’m just trying to make the best decision possible.

Hi re-vogel,

Density is the single biggest factor in the durability of a foam material but not the only one (see post #4 here and the posts it links to for more about durability) so I would say it would be closely comparable to other memory foams that are “about” 4 lb density but memory foams in a 5 lb range would generally be more durable than memory foams that were in the 3.7 - 4.2 lb range so with higher weight ranges (low 200’s or higher) I would tend to minimize the use of 4 lb memory foams in a mattress (see the guidelines here) while for average or lower weight ranges they would normally be fine.

Phoenix