restava warranty" HELP PLEASE"

I bought a restava pearl memory foam mattress and foundation 4 yrs ago.Now I’m not one to buy shoes online let alone a mattress but I took a shot because the tempurpedic prices were just too high.Turns out me and my wife loved the bed.but now the problem,it is buldging out on one side of the mattress,which in turn makes it sag in that area.No problem I have a 25 year warranty.Wrong, I have tried e-mailing them several times and no reply.I tried calling them,but the phone numbers I have on my receipt no longer are restava.I also sent a letter with pics to the address I have on my warranty and no reply.i guess my next step is to send a registered letter to them.Has anyone had a similar problem or have an up to date phone number or address for restava?

Hi Archerwow,

I’m sorry to hear about your experience with Restava.

Their toll free number used to be listed on their site (see their contact page on the wayback machine here) but I called the number (877 877-737-8282) and it seems that it’s no longer in service.

You will need to contact them to initiate a warranty claim and if they can’t be contacted with a phone number then the only other alternatives would be through the email address or their mailing address listed on their current contact page here. If they aren’t answering your emails at the email address on the site then I would send them a registered letter asking them to contact you immediately and I would also let them know (with an email and in your registered letter) that if they don’t contact you in a timely manner that you will have no alternative but to post a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, the Attorney General’s office of their state and the state you are in, and on other internet review sites such as this one as well.

Their warranty requires a visible impression of 1.25" and you can measure the depth of any visible impressions by putting a tight string or a straight edge across the impression just to make sure it would meet their warranty criteria for a defective mattress (see their warranty criteria here).

There are also some suggestions in post #4 here that may be helpful and I would especially make sure that you check the foundation and bedframe under the mattress to rule out the possibility that the support system (foundation and bedframe) it is either causing or contributing to any visible impressions or sagging in the mattress. You can also check this by putting your mattress on the floor to see if it makes any difference.

You are also free to post any pictures of your mattress that show any impressions or sagging on the forum as well.

Phoenix