Restonic Healthrest Bliss line of latex beds...any opinions?

Looking for latex in the Dallas/Fort Worth area…so difficult!

Does anyone have any experience with Restonic Healthrest latex mattresses? They appear to be made of blended talalay latex and for us feel comfortable. Was wondering if anyone owns one or has knowledge/experience with Restonic latex mattresses?

I have talked to factory in Houston and was told:

Euro Top
3" 19 ILD Talalay blended latex
3" 24 ILD Talalay blended latex
6" 36 ILD. Talalay blended latex
2" medium firm poly foam

Plush
3" 19 ILD Talalay blended latex
1" 24 ILD. "
6" 36 ILD
2" med density poly foam

i don’t see any obvious fail points but am concerned with durability of blended latex/natural latex, the price of the king size Euro is within a couple of hundred dollars of the all natural latex sovn mattress. We will try to head to Dallas sovn showroom to test/feel the difference. Guess we should also go the Mattress Factory in Fort Worth to compare these as well. Mattresses, especially latex, are so hard to buy!

Would appreciate any opinions or experiences anyone has had!

Nancy

Hi Send2nancy,

The most important part of the “value” of a mattress is how well it matches your own specific needs and preferences in terms of PPP (see post #13 here).

Outside of your own personal testing for PPP, a mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label. In the case of the mattress you are looking at, all the materials are high quality and there are no obvious weak links in the mattress. It would be comparable in terms of durability to any other mattress that used similar materials.

There is more about the many factors that can affect the durability and the useful life of a mattress in post #4 here and there is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here and in post #2 here but blended Talalay latex is among the most durable types of foam available.

You can also read a little more about the polyfoam “stabilization layer” on the bottom in post #2 here. I believe they use 1.5 lb polyfoam but this wouldn’t be a durability issue on the bottom of the mattress.

I would also find out more about the type of cover and whether it includes any polyfoam in the quilting (and if it does then I would confirm that it isn’t more than “about an inch or so”).

Depending on the area, the prices, the retailer, and the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you … the Restonic Healthrest mattresses can certainly be “better than average” value compared to other mainstream mattresses that use similar quality materials.

Phoenix