Restonic healthrest Latex Vienna Firm

I need some heip on this mattress. This is the only latex mattress in my area.
. This is a Restonic healthrest latex, Vienna firm mattress. The following is the specs.

1. Top cover 1 " convoluted 1.5 Den 15 ILD
  2. 1" Talalay 21 ILD
  3. 1 " Talalay 24 ILD
  4. 1 " Talalay 44 ILD
  5. 1" Talalay 44 ILD
  6. 6 " Talalay 36 ILD
  7. This is the bottom Polyurethane 2.5" 1.4 Den 45 ILD
    These layers are all glued to keep from sliding. This mattress is a little pricy. Any advice?

Hi rmonce,

[quote]I need some heip on this mattress. This is the only latex mattress in my area.
. This is a Restonic healthrest latex, Vienna firm mattress. The following is the specs.

1. Top cover 1 " convoluted 1.5 Den 15 ILD
  2. 1" Talalay 21 ILD
  3. 1 " Talalay 24 ILD
  4. 1 " Talalay 44 ILD
  5. 1" Talalay 44 ILD
  6. 6 " Talalay 36 ILD
  7. This is the bottom Polyurethane 2.5" 1.4 Den 45 ILD
    These layers are all glued to keep from sliding. This mattress is a little pricy. Any advice? [/quote]

If the specs are accurate (and the total thickness of the mattress is about 13.5" - 14" so you can confirm that there aren’t any “missing layers” in the description … see this article) then in terms of durability there would be no obvious weak links in the mattress. If you have also done some careful testing on the mattress to make sure that it’s a good “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) … hopefully using the testing guidelines in the mattress shopping tutorial … then it would certainly be worth considering.

There is also more about the three most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between a mattress you are considering and your other “finalists” (I would normally suggest having more than one “finalist”). Since the value of a mattress purchase is always relative to the other mattresses you are considering or that are available in your area (or online for those that are also including online options in their research), if you only have one “finalist” or don’t have other mattresses that you are using as a reference to compare with then there really isn’t any way to make any meaningful quality/value comparisons either in terms of suitability, durability, or “value” regardless of the price you would be paying for the mattress.

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area so you can check to see if there are any other local latex options that would also be worth including in your research.

Phoenix

I reside near Lafayette la.

Hi rmonce,

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Lafayette, LA area (subject to the “value” guidelines I linked in my last reply) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix