RESTONIC MATTRESSES: The Differences

Can the forum members help me differentiate among Restonic’s [b]corporate/b] lines named Comforn Care, Comfort, Care Select, and Comfort Care Signatures. These line names appear to be consistent at the corporate level and among all retailers, but of course across the retail landscape models are not comparable by name. I found my local retailer to be less forthcoming than I had expected… So I figure this is a “good, better, best” scenario. Nevertheless, some tech specs would be terrific. Thanks for the site and to all the members. I’m in Northern VA near DC.

Hi mduda,

There is more information about the 3 most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase to fine tune the mattress or any exchange/return options that are available to you).

While I can’t speak to how any mattress will “feel” for someone else in terms of firmness, “comfort”, or PPP because this is too subjective and relative to different body types, sleeping positions, and individual preferences, sensitivities, and circumstances … outside of PPP (which is all about how well you will sleep on a mattress) the most important part of the value of a mattress purchase is it’s durability and in terms of durability a mattress is only as good as its construction and the type, quality, and durability of the materials inside it (which is all about how long you will sleep well) regardless of the name of the manufacturer or the name of the mattress on the label.

Assuming that the materials in a mattress you are considering are durable enough for your body type and meet the quality/durability guidelines here … the choice between different types and combinations of materials and components or different types of mattresses are more of a preference and a budget choice than a “better/worse” choice (see this article).

All of the Comfort Care mattresses are pocket coil mattresses but they use different materials and components in the comfort layers of their different models.

If you can find out the information listed here about any of their mattresses you are considering and post them on the forum then I’d certainly be happy to make some comments about the quality and durability of the materials and the mattress as a whole and let you know if I can see any obvious weak links in the mattress that could compromise the durability and useful life of the mattress. Without this information it’s not possible to make any meaningful comments about the quality or durability of any mattress.

Any knowledgeable and transparent retailer or manufacturer should be able to provide you with this information but if your retailer (or the manufacturer of your mattress) either aren’t willing or able to provide you with the the information that you need about the current specs of the mattress (they can change from time to time) to make an informed choice then I would pass the mattress by since buying a mattress with either lower quality or “unknown” materials would be a very risky purchase.

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Northern VA and Washington, DC area (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines I linked earlier in this reply) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Finally, Restonic came through with some objective specifications:

Here is the information on the Towson Ultra Euro Top
RESTONIC Towson Collection Ultra Eurotop:

Quilt: Fire Barrier (made of rayon); 2" of gel-polyurethane, 1.6 density 1" of convoluted polyurethane, 1.5 density (3")

Upholstery: 1" 1.8 density polyurethane; micro-coil 2.5" individually wrapped, 17 gauge, perimeter 14.5 gauge (3.5")

Innerspring: 8" 15 head and foot gauge, 14.5 center third gauge, 886 queen coil count, 1,000 coil density. Foam encased 3" on side, and 2.5" head and foot foam density 1.5 (8’)

Bottom layer: 1" 1.2 density polyurethane (1")

Total height 15.5"

I again invite comments or comparisons on this configuration. I’m looking for weak ;inks and strong points as well. I appreciate the feedback. MY PPP is satisfied. based on showroom testing.

Hi mduda,

Thanks for providing the specs of the foam layers in your mattress.

In terms of durability a mattress is only as good as it’s weakest link regardless of the quality or durability of any other materials and components in the mattress.

While most of the materials in your mattress are good quality and durable materials and components … I would be uncomfortable with having 3" of polyfoam in the top quilting layer which is lower quality/density than the minimums that I would normally suggest in the guidelines here for a one sided mattress.

Even though it’s better quality/density and more durable than the materials you would normally find in the major brands such as Sealy, Simmons, and Serta … they could still be a weak link that would affect the durability and useful life of the mattress and in your budget range I would tend to look for a mattress that used higher quality/density foam layers (or that had less lower quality/density materials in the top layers of the mattress).

Phoenix