Retail shop recommendation in South MS

Can anyone recommend a retail mattress outlet or manufacturer near Hattiesburg, MS?

Hi Mama M,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Just for clarity, I don’t make recommendations for stores unless they are a vetted member here of the site.

Aside from that, and subject to first confirming that any retailer or manufacturer on the list that you wish to visit is completely transparent (see this article) and to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here … the only options I’m aware of in your immediate area that I would consider are included in the Jackson, MS list here. There are also links to the forum lists along the Gulf Coast in post #3 here.

If you are comfortable with a longer drive then some of the options in the Baton Rouge list here may be worthwhile calling and/or visiting since there are several factory direct manufacturers in the area that would be well worth considering.

I hope that helps.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

Thanks for this information! I intend to contact some of these locations. Locally, I looked at Jamison, one style from the American Sleep Collection by Southerland, and Englander. Any feedback you may provide on these is greatly appreciated!

Hi Mama M,

You’re most welcome.

Without knowing the specifications of any particular mattress, I couldn’t provide any meaningful commentary on the products for you (manufacturers will commonly make a wide range of products of varying levels of quality). You would need to find out the information listed here of any mattress you were considering so you could compare the quality of the materials and components to the durability guidelines here to make sure there were no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress that would be a cause for concern relative to the durability and useful life of a mattress before making any purchase.

The steps for shopping for a mattress are outlined here in the mattress shopping tutorial. If you do visit a store and find a product you like, feel free to post back here with the specifications and I’ll be happy to comment upon them for you.

Phoenix