retailer Oakland Berkley CA

Retailer recommendations for a variety of smaller company manufacturer choices for mattresses

Hi lesliejo,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

The two closest members of the site would be:
Bay Bed & Mattress in Santa Cruz
Nest Bedding in Palo Alto and San Francisco

I have discontinued the provision of listings of potential retailers in various geographic regions (unless they are already approved site members), because of the difficulty in maintaining such lists in a retail landscape that is constantly changing, and most importantly the confusion it was creating with the consumer members who incorrectly assumed that these businesses had indeed gone through the strict vetting and qualification process that is part of becoming an approved member of The Mattress Underground. Such an assumption is unfair to both the consumers seeking assistance, as well as the very businesses and manufacturers who have indeed qualified the be members here of The Mattress Underground.

You can perform a forum search on Oakland or Berkeley or any other area and see what other businesses have been discussed in that region which may be helpful to you.

Whatever business youโ€™re considering, I would always confirm that any retailer or manufacturer that you wish to visit is completely transparent (see this article) and also make sure that any mattress that you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here.

If you have any questions about specifications or certain products you discover, feel free to post back on the forum and Iโ€™ll do my best to be assistive.

If you are considering Keetsa I would be cautious and make sure that you can find out the density of any memory foam or polyfoam in their mattresses because some of them use lower quality and less durable materials that would be a weak link in their mattresses.

They are also a Zinus brand that is made in China and some of the comments in post #6 here about mattresses that are made in China may also be worthwhile reading and post #2 here and post #2 here has some additional information about Keetsa that would be worth reading as well.

I also deleted your second post and consolidated everything here, as it had the same heading and it could be confusing for people searching through the forum.

Phoenix