Retailers selling Latex Mattresses in Houston

Hello All,
We lost our 12 year old Latex mattress in the recent Harvey Flood in Houston. We are looking to replace this mattress with a 100 % Latex mattress ( 2-3" Talalay layer over a 4-6" Dunlop) that is reasonably priced. I have been doing a lot of research on line to find a King size mattress in the $ 1000-1200 range. I am also weary of buying a mattress on line. We would like to try out the mattress in person. Any recommendations on retailers that keep latex mattresses in their store in the Houston and Katy areas.
Thank you in advance

Hi Mini,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum!

I’m sorry to hear about your loss during the flooding. :frowning:

The only site member in the Houston area is Texas Mattress Makers. The next closest site member is about four hours away in Fort Worth, called The Mattress Factory.

I have discontinued the provision of listings of potential retailers in various geographic regions (unless they are already approved site members), because of the difficulty in maintaining such lists in a retail landscape that is constantly changing, and most importantly the confusion it was creating with the consumer members who incorrectly assumed that these businesses had indeed gone through the strict vetting and qualification process that is part of becoming an approved member of The Mattress Underground. Such an assumption is unfair to both the consumers seeking assistance, as well as the very businesses and manufacturers who have indeed qualified the be members here of The Mattress Underground.

You can perform a forum search on Houston and see what other businesses have been discussed in that region regarding latex.

Whatever business you’re considering, I would always confirm that any retailer or manufacturer that you wish to visit is completely transparent (see this article) and also make sure that any mattress that you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here.

If you have any questions about specifications or certain products you discover (I know you’re already familiar with latex), feel free to post back on the forum and I’ll do my best to be assistive.

Phoenix