Return Procedures

In the market for a mattress and am torn between the Best Mattress Ever by Brooklyn and the Love Bed by Nest.

Just wondering if anyone has experience returning to either manufacturer and how the process goes. Frankly, I don’t want to have to ship a king size mattress to return it.

Hi davo32683,

Both of them have free returns and will either have the mattress picked up or will help you arrange to donate the mattress to a local charity and then you can just provide them with a receipt and they will give you a complete refund so the return process is more of a donation process and doesn’t require you to package up the mattress to ship it back.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix. Good info.

I will be returning my Best Mattress Ever shortly as it never expanded to full size (it’s 2 inches short and 3 inches narrow). I can let you know how it goes.

Wow that’s a bit discouraging. Sounds like they’re having some QC issues. You aren’t the only one I have seen say that

Hi zexpress and davo32683,

It’s generally not a quality control issue and is usually more of a time issue that is related to the way they compress their mattress and the type and density of the materials inside it.

Their roll pack machine compresses the mattress in several dimensions so it’s not unusual at all that it can take some extra time for it to reach its final dimensions (see posts #87 and #88 here) but if for some reason a mattress is a rare exception and doesn’t reach its final dimensions then if you call them they will be happy to help you and/or replace it (and of course they also have a 120 day trial period which offers a full refund if someone isn’t happy with their mattress for any reason).

Phoenix

Outside of the size issue, how has the mattress been?

Hi davo32683,

I would be very cautious about using other people’s reviews or experiences on a mattress (either positive or negative) as a reliable source of information or guidance about how suitable a mattress may be for you or the durability of a mattress and in many cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else either in terms of “comfort”, firmness, or PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) or in terms of durability (see post #13 here).

Reviews about the knowledge or service at a particular store can certainly be helpful but when it comes to the specifics of a mattress they won’t provide you with the type of reliable information you will need to make an informed choice about how well you will sleep on a mattress, how long you will sleep well, or the “value” of a mattress purchase compared to all the other options that are available to you either in your area or online.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability, durability, and “value”.

Having said that … there is much more feedback about the BB BestMattressEver in this topic and a forum search on BestMattressEver or an “exact term” site search on Best Mattress Ever (you can just click both links) will also bring up all the forum comments and feedback from the members here that have asked about it or purchased it.

Phoenix

The mattress has been good. I went with the soft and that was definitely the right call for me as a lightweight side sleeper. It sleeps very cool too much is good for me as I tend to sleep hot. I will say the lack of edge support is something I expected but bothers me a bit more than I thought it might. This might be simply cause the bed is already 3 inches narrower than it should be but I feel like I have much less usable bed space compared to my old bed due to both of these factors. Overall though I do recommend the mattress and it does sound like I might have just had some bad luck although I have not decided if I will go the exchange or return route. Will give that a few more days.