Returning a Saatva and I want to buy a yogabed? Anyone know about yogabed?

The Saatva didn’t work out for me AT ALL. Good customer service (well, we’ll see, I’m about to return it, they have been good…so far :wink: And I really like what I’m reading about the yogabed. They seem to be relatively chemically safe (a concern for me as I am sensitive to chemicals they say they are non-latex) and that it’s good for people with sensitive bodies…If anyone knows about this company I’d love to hear it, thanks so much for all you do and this site!

Hi phidian,

There is more about the 3 most important parts of “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price or course and the options you have available after a purchase).

You can see some comments about what I call “simplified choice mattresses” in general in post #1 here and you can see some more specific and detailed comments about Yogabed and Saatva (and some of the other “simplified choice” online mattresses) in post #2 here.

Forum searches on Yogabed and on Saatva (you can just click the links) will bring up more comments and feedback about both of them as well.

There is more information in post #2 here and the more detailed posts and information it links to about safe, natural, organic, “chemical free”, and “green” mattresses and mattress materials that can help you sort through some of the marketing information and terminology that you will encounter in the industry and can help you differentiate between them and answer “how safe is safe enough for me” and that can help you decide on the type of materials and components you are most comfortable having in your mattress or on the certifications for harmful substances and VOC’s that may be important to you. These types of issues are complex and are generally specific to each person and their individual sensitivities, circumstances, criteria, beliefs, and lifestyle choices. Most mattress materials and components that are commonly used in the industry and have a reliable safety certification for harmful substances or VOC’s would certainly be “safe enough” for most people.

Phoenix