Reverie 8Q and OMI duo box springs

I talked to a Reverie help desk person and he said that none of the adjustable beds are wall huggers. He called them wall snugglers and explained that they are made to avoid hitting the head and footboards while moving. I’m looking for a real wall hugger. What company and model should I consider? I like the 8Q but don’t really need all the extras.
I have a OMI (Organicpedic) cal king duo that is on the box springs of our old mattress. They are very well made/solid box springs but I am wondering if I should replace them with the correct product. I can feel a bit of a ridge in the middle where the box springs abut.
Thanks

Hi danvillekitty,

There is more information about choosing an adjustable bed in post #3 here and the main adjustable bed topic that it links to that can help you choose an adjustable bed based on price vs features comparisons and also includes some retailers that you can use as good sources of information about the features of the adjustable beds they carry and as pricing references as well (in post #6 in the main adjustable bed topic).

Outside of the members that have posted information about the travel distance for the wall hugger feature in their adjustable bed in this topic … I don’t know how much travel each of them have but the retailers that are listed in the adjustable bed topic (or other retailers that are knowledgeable about the adjustable beds they sell) should be able to give you more specific information about the wall hugger feature in the adjustable beds they carry.

There is more about the different types of support systems that are generally the most suitable for different types of mattresses in the foundation post here but a latex mattress will generally do best on a flat rigid slatted support system with little to no flex and no more than 3" between the slats (and preferably less).

I’m not sure if you have a box spring with actual springs inside it that flex or a foundation that has little to no flex but either way if it’s not suitable for a latex mattress I would replace it.

There are also some comments from one of the forum members here about the OMI warranty and they were told that the OMI warranty is only valid with one of their own foundations so I would check with OMI to make sure that your box/spring foundation and/or an adjustable bed meets their warranty criteria.

Phoenix