Reverie Deluxe Replaced by Newer Model?

I’m looking for an adjustable foundation, and have seen Phoenix recommend the Reverie Deluxe in previous threads. However when I go to Reverie’s website, they only list the 8Q, 7S, 5D, 3E.

I tried out the Tempurpedic Premier Ergo adjustable foundation and am using that as a frame of reference, so curious which of the newer Reverie models would be comparable to the older Deluxe?

Also, how do the new Reverie models compare to the L&P S-Cape? Still better function/value?

Lastly, which (if any) local retailers in the Twin Cities (Mpls/St. Paul) area would sell the Reverie adjustable foundation? I see The Original Mattress Factory sells the L&P.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

EDIT: I see that Slumberland does sell the Reverie foundations, however the 1 salesman I talked to said they sell the split king for double the price if buying alone ($1,699 each side, $3,398 total). However if you buy a mattress too, then you can get it for only $1,699 plus the cost of the mattress.

Online, I see “Ilovebettersleep.com” you can get the Split King 5D delivered for only $1,299, which is a great deal. Does anyone have any experience with this site, and how reputable are they?

Hi bobby2478,

Just for clarity … I don’t recommend any specific adjustable bed. For me the Reverie Deluxe was the “best value” at the time over 4 years ago) based on the criteria that were most important to me (you can see some of our criteria here). Others may have different criteria for the “best value” in an adjustable bed than I do. The Reverie Deluxe was replaced by the 5D which is similar but has different corner retainer bars (instead of a retainer bar in the middle), different upholstery, and more remote preset positions.

I don’t know the specific features of each of them off the top of my head but post #3 here and the adjustable bed topic it links to has more information about “how” to choose an adjustable bed based on “price/features” comparisons and some sources that you can use for pricing comparisons as well.

I don’t keep records of which adjustable beds are sold at all the retailers in the many lists throughout the forum so you would need to check their websites or call them to find out which adjustable beds they sell.

I’m not familiar with them but I did notice that their queen was also listed at $1299 (which is a little more than here as an example) and their split king is listed at the same price and their split cal king is listed at $1199 (the same price as a twin XL) which seems very unlikely so some of their prices may be a mistake and I would call and check to make sure they are accurate. If they are then it would certainly be a lower price than you would normally see for a split king.

Phoenix

Perhaps “recommend” was the wrong word to use, I didn’t mean to imply you were steering anyone one way or the other. Just meant to say it was one you have some personal experience with and from your perspective it was a respectable option.

I’m still researching the different option levels of the different brands and models so I can come up with a list, then price them out at different retailers, and ultimately find the best deal.

I did talk to Richmond Bedding, and they have very good prices on the L&P S-Cape Performance+ and the Prodigy. I’m basically comparing those to the Reverie 5D and trying to figure out which option I’ll go with. One additional wrinkle is Richmond Bedding said there may be a wait up to 4 weeks on any of the L&P, where the Reverie 5D may be readily available at a few different retailers.

I like the features on the Tempur Premier Ergo, however the additional massage features (includes lumbar as well as leg and shoulder, plus more massage functions) for me doen’t really justify the fact it’s nearly 2x as expensive as even the L&P Prodigy.

One additional question would be that I see the 5D has new corner retainer brackets to keep the mattress from sliding around on the frame as you adjust it up and down, as apparently prior to this the mattress would have a tendency to shift slightly on the frame.

Do other adjustable beds have similar problems (i.e. mattress shifting without use of corner retainer brackets)? Do L&P models (various s-cape models, Prodigy, etc) have corner retainer brackets as well?

Hi bobby2478,

I haven’t heard about any significant issues with mattresses shifting with center retainer bars and it’s not something that I’ve experienced with mine. All of the L&P models I’ve seen have a center retainer bar.

There are mixed opinions about whether corner retainer bars would make it more or less difficult to to make the bed (see post #4 here).

Phoenix

Interesting point, thanks. I hadn’t considered the potential implications on whether the corner bars on the outside would make it more difficult to make the bed…