Reverie Dream Cell mattress

Hi everybody,
I am considering getting a Reverie Dream Supreme 2 Hybrid. (I asked this question in a different thread but thought it better to start a new one) I would be interested in specs, people’s experience with Reverie as company and experience with the mattress/9T base.

Hi jadespider,

Posting the same question in multiple locations on the site isn’t usually productive, as it makes the topic difficult to follow and often involves copying the same answer in multiple locations. But I’ll leave your new thread up.

As I mentioned in my previous reply to you, I’ve contacted Reverie and hopefully I’ll have the new specifications for you on their new line. Once I have that information, I’ll post it.

As for the power foundation, there is more information about choosing an adjustable bed in post #3 here and the main adjustable bed topic that it links to that can help you choose an adjustable bed based on price vs features comparisons and also includes some retailers that you can use as good sources of information about the features of the adjustable beds they carry and as pricing references as well (in post #6 in the main adjustable bed topic). Of course there are many other sources as well and prices can change on a regular basis so I would also include some internet searching in your research. I would also keep in mind that online advertised prices are often price controlled so make sure you call the stores you are considering to find out their best prices rather than just looking at websites.

I would consider all the major adjustable bed manufacturers to be closely comparable in terms of reliability so I would use price and feature comparisons to choose between them. Reverie is a site member here, which means that I do think highly of their adjustable beds.

I would also give some careful consideration to the type of features that you may find useful over a longer period of time because some of the features they offer may seem very “enticing” when you are shopping but some people may find that they don’t use them as much as they thought they would once the novelty has worn off.

Hopefully I’ll have some new information to post here for you soon.

Phoenix

Any update on those specs?

Hi jadespider,

Thanks for the reminder. I’m still awaiting a response from them, so I’ll reach out again today. I appreciate you keeping on top of this, as I’ve been very busy with site reorganization things behind the scenes these past few weeks.

Thank you!

Phoenix

Hi jadespider,

The Reverie Dream Supreme II Hybrid uses a polyfoam tub of 2 lb density, with a higher ILD along the side rails. The DreamCells are 6" in profile, and are natural Dunlop latex. The top is 1" of graphite-infused blended Talalay latex, and then there is 2" of 4 lb memory foam beneath that.

Phoenix

Thank you for the specs. I decided to get a Reverie Dream Supmere 2 Hybrid Sleep System and wanted to say their sales and customer service teams are excellent. The employees are very knowledgeable and stand behind their products. You can even stop by their Michigan HQ and test out the Sleep Systems. Reverie doesn’t offer a sleep trial anymore, but they will work with you for a year to customize the mattress to your needs and help you get the best sleep possible. I’m still waiting for the Sleep System to arrive and will update the post with my experiences.

Hi jadespider,

Congratulations on your new mattress purchase! :cheer: You certainly chose something using better quality (and unique) materials. And I’m glad you had a good shopping experience.

Yes, they have their 365 Promise, offering resources such as a sleep coach, a sleep concierge and various other sleep resources, including advice on how to arrange and customize their DreamCells.

I’ll look forward to your future updates once you’ve had a chance to sleep upon your new system and find a configuration that you like.

Phoenix

Hi Phoneix
I’ve had my Reverie Sleep System for 30 days now and I must stay I’m very satisfied with my purchase. My sleep has definitely improved with my new mattress and foundation. I purchased a Dream Supreme 2 Hybrid dream top since each side can move independently even thou the bottom is one piece. Reverie’s Lux sheets are really nice too.
I do have one question, do you know when Reverie switched from the black strap system to a white mesh layer to hold the Dreamcells in place? My mattress has a white mesh layer.

I believe this was with their latest lineup redesign, but I’m not 100% sure. I’m sure they would be able to answer that question for you if you contacted them directly in Michigan.

Hello Phoenix (and anyone else reading)!! Love your mattress forum. I haven’t figured out how to post a new question.

But I do have one about the adjustable bases like reverie. I’ve read so much about latex mattresses needing to breathe underneath (hence so many slat foundation).

How does the latex get enough airflow with the adjustable bases? Or do they? I need to help my mom get a new bed (her old T brand) has sagged.so I’ve been researching and reading non stop.

Thanks if anyone has any thoughts on the airflow for latex on the adjustable bases! Oh, and how I can post new topic (I am new to forum). Thanks!!
Amy

Hi Amyalex.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate it!

We are busy on the back end implementing the – Talk to the Experts features to help consumer with research, and while it is under construction we have temporarily eliminated “New Topics” from the General Mattress, allowing the creation of “New Topics” only from the Experts dedicated areas where you can ask our Experts directly a question. When time permits and when appropriate I will add any relevant information that may be helpful.

Most adjustable beds (including the Reverie models) have a solid surface which will not provide any ventilation underneath the mattress and can add somewhat to the risk of moisture retention and developing mold or mildew in the mattress but if you don’t have any additional risk factors in your environment then it should be fine (see Post #10 here ). I would keep in mind that a mattress does not breath only from underneath but from all sides and if moisture and humidity is of concern than there are several ways to mitigate this such as placing a bed rug between the solid surface and the mattress.

Generally speaking I have not heard of mold issues connected with adjustable bases, I (and many others) use an adjustable bed with a solid surface under my own latex mattress with no problem. The risk of mold and mildew is small with a latex mattress or a pocket coil bed. Latex is naturally mold and mildew resistant and would be a good choice of material for a mattress for an adjustable base. There are a few adjustable beds on the market that use a slated or breathable decks, but these tend to be more costly and you would need to run it by your personal value equation and assess all factors that are most important to you.

Choosing an adjustable bed is often one of the “compelling reasons” that many people would choose not to have a more breathable base as one of the tradeoffs involved in having the advantages of an adjustable bed.

Best of luck with your research!

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix!!
I worry only because my mom (higher BMI) has some health issues and is in bed more than average person.
Do you know off hands which adjustable bases offer the slatted/more breathable foundation?
Or do you think a rug pad in between would be fine? I have whole house dehumidifier and am always watching humidity levels (one of my quirks I suppose).

Thanks again! I’ve learned so much from you site. And have found one or two latex stores here in Indianapolis area to go test. I’m excited to switch from memory foam (T brand). Although it is overwhelming I must admit. And all the many factors I never realized that affect feel, etc (besides the subjectivity aspect).
The test I took for my mum on savvy rest I think suggested X-firm, firm, firm - I’m sure because of her weight/BMI. When I told her that, she was like I don’t want a brick. Lol. But how to balance support for heavier weight and get the softness/comfort - I’m still at a loss. The cleanbedroom had one guy who I talked to who was nice, but other guy was not so helpful, so not too thrilled to go to their store if that’s how they treat would be customers on phone.

Thanks again for this site and all the wonderful members for sharing their experiences and thoughts. It is invaluable!!

Forgot to ask - I’d like to start new thread but unsure how?? thx