Reverie Sleep System (mattress) Dream Supreme with 8Q adjustable platform

Hi Wrewster,

Iā€™m not clear why you are pressing the point about which mattress category it belongs in which Iā€™ve already answered and is really irrelevant anyway but the foam tub would be underneath and on all 4 sides of the cylinders. In other words the tub would have 5 sides (bottom and 4 sides) with an open top (like a bathtub) and would be similar to a foam tub that was used with many innerspring mattresses as well (except it uses much higher quality polyfoam than most innerspring mattresses would use) and which doesnā€™t turn an innerspring mattress into a ā€œhybridā€ mattress either.

Mattress categories are terms of convenience that are used to describe broad categories of mattresses and donā€™t have strict definitions that would includes all the differences between the many mattresses that would fit inside each category.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix, Iā€™m pressing the point because Iā€™ve never seen one before and was curious whatā€™s exactly inside, side to side and top to bottom.

Hi Wrewster,

Itā€™s in the ā€œmostly latex mattress that uses mostly natural latex with a high quality/density polyfoam tub for edge support and that surrounds customizable latex cylinders with different firmness patternsā€ mattress category ā€¦ and itā€™s the only mattress in that category :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Agreed. Now do you know what the differences are between these sleep systems you can buy direct from Reverie vs the ones they make specifically for Costco?

Hi Wrewster,

If there is any difference you would need to talk to Reverie to find out what they were.

Phoenix

LOL, and with all of this new insight Iā€™ve gathered Iā€™m hopefully going to be fortunate enough to soon be sleeping on a fully 100% natural latex mattress with 0% polyurethane foam anywhere to be found inside the mattress and wait for itā€¦ for quite a bit less money to boot= better value. Iā€™m taking your advice Phoenix and not brand shopping for a mattress. Donā€™t get me wrong, I like Reverie as a brand goes. We just bought there top of the line 8Q power bases so I walk the walk . I just wish there prices on mattress systems were a bit more justifiable for me is all. I spent considerably less money with stronger warranties and better materials inside the mattress and I wish they would reevaluate there pricing to be more competitive than they currently are. Judging by all of the satisfied customers that own more conventional component mattresses they should care about being competitively priced. 101 nights to test it is great and all but we have 100 nights on the one we chose that is also much less $$$. Come on Reverie compete, lose a battle once in awhile to win the war.

Hi Wrewster,

Most of your comments here are trying to compare apples to oranges based on price alone and from that perspective they make very little sense and are typical of someone who has little understanding of what makes one mattress a more suitable choice for some people than others. Iā€™m also not so sure how you are defining ā€œbetterā€ materials when your mattress would be closely comparable in terms of durability to the Reverie mattresses. You seem to be forgetting that the most important parts of value are how well you sleep on a mattress and how long you sleep well.

Each person can have different criteria that are important parts of their own personal value equation and this doesnā€™t mean that your criteria or budget range would be the same or even important to someone else who would make very different choices that you did ā€¦ they are just unique to you.

You have already made your choice for better or for worse (you will find out when you sleep on it) and there are many people that have the same options as you did that would make very different choices for their mattress. If the price really was the only important part of the ā€œvalueā€ of a mattress purchase that made one mattress ā€œcompetitiveā€ with another as you are suggesting and you were making similar comparisons then by that criteria you paid significantly more for your mattress than you should have compared to other latex mattresses that use the same type and blend of latex and are significantly less than you paid and you would have overpaid even more if you were making similar ā€œapples to orangesā€ comparisons like you are making here with other latex mattresses that donā€™t use the same type and blend of latex or have the same design or features.

My point here is that your mattress isnā€™t less ā€œcompetitiveā€ because you paid more than other similar mattresses but that the mattress you chose was the best choice for you and the criteria that are most important to you in spite of the higher price you paid compared to other latex mattresses and the same would hold true for those that chose a Reverie for reasons that are important to them but less important to you.

For some reason you appear to be somewhat ā€œfixatedā€ on making an ongoing series of comments about Reverie mattresses that are not particularly meaningful or helpful or comments that seem to be mainly trying to justify your own choice using somewhat limited comparisons as reference points and your posts are once again on the edge of what I consider to be forum trolling.

What any company ā€œshould or shouldnā€™tā€ do is up to them as a company and the market and the members here will decide on their value based on all the features and benefits that they offer compared to their competition but regardless of how you may perceive their ā€œvalueā€ ā€¦ their mattresses are unique and offer features and benefits that arenā€™t available with other latex mattresses (including your own) and some people will see the ā€œvalueā€ in the benefits they offer that arenā€™t available elsewhere and some wonā€™t. Thatā€™s what choices are all about. Your criteria donā€™t define ā€œvalueā€ for others any more than other peopleā€™s criteria would define ā€œvalueā€ for you.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix, since Iā€™m unable to ā€œtestā€ either mattress ahead of time it comes down to the degree of transparency and how easily and forthcoming a company is perceived " by me "to be about it. They both offer a similar test for about 100 nights to try out. They both offer Natural latex. Plushbeds has all of the information I need right there in front of me to be convinced itā€™s the purist form of materials while Reverie only seems to mention there use of natural rubber while leaving out the fact (that I had to dig for) that they use a blend of latex and that the very bottom of the core begins with Polyurethane to support everything above it. All I am saying is if this is all great stuff than donā€™t be ashamed to address it and talk about it and be very forthcoming in there promotional material and on the web page. One of your brands listed as a member (Sterling Mattress, similar to Plushbeds) says on there page to be suspicious when a company is like this, and I was after reading that. Do you disagree with Sterling Mattress to be suspicious? It just seems that there is much to do with sales semantics. I am very familiar with that approach, especially when buying a mattress. This is what brought me to a place like Mattress Underground and Sleep Like The Dead in the first place. I want unbiased information. I cannot agree more with you that this definitely an apple to oranges comparison for certain. My logic is simply this, try a brand that uses the best materials first and for less money and if you donā€™t like it-return it because you have 100 days to do it with. If all else fails with these styles of mattress configurations then and only then resort to the Reverie sleep system for more money to see if this helps achieve a better nights rest with more precise customization. Judging by all of the people that are completely satisfied with full 100% natural latex layers I think this is a very pragmatic approach. Iā€™m sorry if you donā€™t seem to agree with me.

Hi Wrewster,

This will be your final warning before you lose your posting privileges here for repeatedly crossing the lines of the forum rules (see post #7 here and post #6 here). The forum rule that you specifically need to follow is this one ā€¦

We have already discussed most of the comments you made in your post and you need to read the previous replies before continuously posting the same thing in different ways over and over again.

You are completely misrepresenting what is being said on the Sterling Mattress site and using it in a way that is very misleading and out of context when you use terminology such as ā€œlike thisā€ that has no specific meaning in the context that you used it. If you are using other sites as ā€œammunitionā€ for your arguments then at least take the time to repeat what they say accurately and use it in the correct context. I believe what you are referring to is this ā€¦

ā€¦ and we have already discussed Reverieā€™s transparency here and here and here (where you also posted some completely misleading information that wasnā€™t true at all).

Again ā€¦ you are completely misrepresenting (or purposely changing the context) of what I have been saying in my many replies to you (many of which you donā€™t seem to read completely) and it certainly isnā€™t a matter of agreement or disagreement about whether your approach is pragmatic or anything else. As I mentioned here you chose a mattress based on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you which is all that matters.

This is only about the content of your posts that are misleading, misrepresentations, inflammatory, argumentative, redundant, meaningless, and in some cases completely deceptive, and that you need to avoid if you wish to continue posting here.

Phoenix

Phoenix, please tell me exactly where Iā€™ve been the one being deceptive?

Phoenix, please tell me exactly where Iā€™ve been the one being deceptive?

Hi Phoenix, what exactly have I said that is deceptive?

Iā€™m not even able to defend myself and explain all of your points? Where exactly was I deceptive?

Hi Wrewster,

Iā€™ve deleted your last 4 posts which all asked the same question which you keep reposting and was already answered in my last reply and sent you a private message which you can read.

Iā€™ll delete this post as well once youā€™ve read it but I thought Iā€™d post here to let you know in case you didnā€™t notice it.

The forum rules are not a topic for discussion on the forum.

Phoenix

Phoenix,

I donā€™t know if this is the correct place to put this, but it needs to be said. I am looking at Reverie, called today and Jeremy told me that on the Dream Supreme, all the top layers, replaceable core cylinders and the bottom and side ā€œfoamā€ around the cylinders are 98% natural Talalay latex. This clearly does not align with what you have indicated, so Iā€™d like to get to the bottom of this, partly due to the use of synthetics, partly in consideration of off gassing and partly to establish integrity and credibility.

Do you know if they have changed their materials in the last several months?

ttight

Hi ttight1,

As far as I know they havenā€™t changed their materials but they would be the best source of information about any recent changes they have made to their mattresses. The ā€œofficialā€ information that I was given when Reverie became a member of the site was that their latex was ā€œat leastā€ 60% natural rubber but they may have been understating it just to be on the safe side so if the natural rubber content in their latex is higher than that then I would consider it to be a ā€œbonusā€.

All the latex you are likely to encounter (Dunlop or Talalay made with either natural or synthetic rubber or a blend of both) will have been certified by either Oeko-Tex or Eco-Institut for harmful substances and VOCā€™s (see post #2 here) and in general I would consider any type or blend of latex to be a very ā€œsafeā€ material in terms of harmful substances and VOCā€™s.

Phoenix

Update: Jeremy from Reverie just did a sales follow up. When we got to the part about his quoting 98% Talalay, he back pedaled, saying they use that in the topper, but the core was a blend ā€¦ I took him down at the knees because our previous discussion was very pointed and clear. He lied! Strike 3! They are dead to me.

Hi ttight,

Although I wasnā€™t on your original call ā€¦ I 'm not so sure that I would be as quick to assume that someone is lying as you are and itā€™s much more likely that they misunderstood your question but of course if you arenā€™t comfortable dealing with any particular merchant for any reason then you have many other options available to you ā€¦ even if they arenā€™t the same.

Phoenix

I understand your intentions to give the benefit of the doubt, but as you said, you were not on the call. I was very pointed and repeated my questions. I asked about the top layer, the replaceable cells and the surrounding foam that contains the cells as well as the bottom layer. Finally, I said ā€œSo the whole mattress is 98% Talalay?ā€ Jeremy confirmed all questions as being 98% natural Talalay latex.

Those of us who are invested enough to do this level of research are looking for many things to insure we are purchasing a quality product and the company backing necessary to maintain that product after the sale. I think your researchers and readers here deserve to know when there is a deliberate attempt to mislead.

I am also curious about some comments left relative to the complexity of the Flobeds zones. Seems to me that the Reverie system is many time more complex, but I have not found a discussion about that here. Have I missed it?

Would you comment on this demonstration by Dream FloBeds? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwAv7eQPq3k

Thank you!

Hi ttight1,

I donā€™t believe that the percentage of natural rubber in latex core is a reliable indicator of quality if you are defining quality as being primarily related to durability or to ā€œsafetyā€ although of course there are also other definitions of quality and some people may prefer higher percentages of natural rubber for personal or lifestyle reasons as well (although they would tend to avoid mattresses that also contained polyfoam).

You can see some comments about the Flobeds vZone system in post #4 here. They can certainly be an effective zoning option that covers the most important areas of the body that can sometimes benefit from zoning and the ability to customize the zoning configuration also has some unique advantages.

You can see my comments about the video in post #2 here and the posts it links to. While Dunlop can certainly be more susceptible to impressions or ā€œtaking a setā€ with longer term compression because of itā€™s cell structure ā€¦ I donā€™t believe that this is what happens in ā€œreal lifeā€ when you sleep on a Dunlop latex mattress.

Phoenix