Reverie Sleep Systems

Hello all,

New to the forum and am searching for any information on the Reverie sleep systems. My husband has decided we need a new mattress and is enamored with the idea of the Reverie. I am also impressed with their specs, but am concerned about not being able to try it first and the price is obviously on the higher end. I have searched online with little luck in finding any reviews (good or bad) of the mattresses. I have been following this thread, but it seems the poster may have changed their mind about the purchase.

There is a Costco show for Reverie in January about a 2.5 hour drive away that I may convince my husband to wait for. I also somewhere came across a mention of 15% off the mattress at a Costco event… Any verification on that? Thanks for any help.

Adrienne

Hi a.stauff,

Besides the topic you linked … there is also some more information about the Reverie Dream Sleep System in this topic. As you probably know they are a invited member of the site which means I think highly of them in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency.

I would be very cautious about using mattress reviews (either positive or negative) as a legitimate source of mattress research because they will have little relevance to someone else’s experience on a mattress either in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, pressure relief, or Personal preferences) or in terms of the useful life of a mattress. In many cases they can be more misleading than helpful (see post #13 here). A mattress that is “perfect” for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on but one of the advantages of a mattress like this is that it can be customized for each person both before and after a purchase so that you can configure it in many different ways.

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

The only way to know whether a mattress is a good “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) with any certainty is based on your own personal testing or your actual sleeping experience. When you can’t test a mattress in person then your best source of guidance will always be a more detailed conversation with an online manufacturer who can help “talk you through” the options that are available that would have the best chance of success based on your body type, sleeping positions, preferences, and any other information you can provide them to help them to help you make the best possible choice (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

Your initial choice would be your starting configuration but their mattress design also allows you to rearrange the cylinders if that’s necessary and they also have a great return policy so instead of testing a mattress in a store you would be using your own sleeping experience to test the mattress instead so you can decide whether the mattress is a good “match” for you with little risk.

The specs of their mattresses are listed in post #6 here and they use very high quality materials and there are no weak links in the mattress in terms of the durability of the materials.

I don’t know myself but it may be worth calling them and asking to see if they can provide you with any further information about the Costco show or any discount that may be available. It would certainly allow you to test the mattress in person before a purchase to get a more general sense of what the mattress feels like but they may not have the specific configuration available that would be the best “match” for you so your own sleeping experience on the configuration that is “right” for you may still be an important part of any final decision that you make.

Phoenix

Thanks for the reply Phoenix. I did tweet at Reverie yesterday and they replied about the Costco events. They actually offer 20% off if you order at an event. Needless to say, my husband and I will be going for a drive :wink:

In terms of reviews I was more interested in reviews of the ordering experience, return process, etc. It definitely seems like the feel of a mattress is a completely subjective thing… Looking forward to trying out the mattress next month, and I’ll follow here to see if there are updates on anyone else purchasing a Reverie. Thanks again!

Hi a.stauff,

Thanks for letting us know.

Since it’s coming up so quickly I think a 20% discount would make the drive well worth it :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I’m going to update our Reverie purchase on this thread as we move through it. Hopefully that’s OK. I have been frustrated by the lack of info on the ordering process, so I will probably be (too) detailed. Hopefully it will help others looking for info on Reverie’s products/service though…

Called Reverie today to double check the 20% Costco discount they quoted on Twitter and to ask about the difference between their mid level and top level mattress. They are actually willing to do the Costco discount if I order over the phone, so that’s great. Saves me the drive (2 hours each way to Chicagoland) and gas $. They would not however do the 20% plus the advertised accessory deal I’ve heard about on a podcast. So 20% off it will be :wink: Also found out that we will not need to pay sales tax (we’re in WI). Excellent.

As far as the difference between the two mattress levels, the rep explained that the top level mattress has an extra layer of “soyfoam” (one inch) that is built into the top layer. An extra comfort layer I guess. I know in this thread you talk about the layers, I just wanted to clarify where it was placed.

The plan is to finalize which mattress/base combo we are going with and then make the order tonight or tomorrow. Should be a 3-4 week “build” time according to the rep.

Hi a.stauff,

Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your purchase process and of course any comments and feedback you have the chance to share after your purchase as well … I appreciate it.

I think your topic will be very helpful for others that are considering a Reverie Purchase.

You are certainly making a high quality choice and assuming that you end up pulling the trigger … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Trigger pulled. Ordered today. Dealt with Josh over the phone. Very pleasant ordering experience, price was exactly as quoted. Supposed to have someone calling later today or Monday to verify order and start the build process. We picked both sides as “medium” firmness. Josh did mention that their firm is “really firm” and steered my husband away from choosing firm. Build is supposed to be 3-4 weeks and then we set up delivery. I’ll keep updating as we move through. Thanks!

Hi a.stauff,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to any additional comments and feedback you have the chance to share with us when you receive it.

Phoenix

Well, a sales manager already called me to review the order. He said it is actually only a 3-5 day “build” time for the mattress, then a 5-7 business day journey from their New York factory to Wisconsin. Then a rep of theirs is supposed to let me know it is nearby and set up a delivery time.

Also, the manger I spoke with today cleared something up that I was confused about. All their mattresses, whether soft, medium or firm have the same number of each color (firmness) of cylinders. So no matter which configuration you originally purchase, you can make any of the 3 with the cylinders you have. He said they can also swap out later if you end up needing more of the soft or firm or whatever. He assured me they would make it the “best sleep experience possible.” ZZZZZzzzzzz… I’m already snoring.

[quote]
All their mattresses, whether soft, medium or firm have the same number of each color (firmness) of cylinders.
[/quote]Right, you can see how the different coil configurations work at DreamCell Configuration.

a stauff,

I would be interested in your take on the Reverie adjustable base if you are getting one with the mattress. I’ve been unable to find any reviews of their updated models, the 7s and 8q. They certainly have some appealing features.

Quick order update… We placed our order on the 9th, just received confirmation today that our system has arrived in Wisconsin. Now waiting for the delivery people to set-up the official date/time. Ordering process has been fairly smooth so far and on time as far as quoted “3-4 weeks,” despite the weather in NY and a delay with our bank processing payment. So far, so good.

We went with the cheaper base/best mattress combo Josh. Sorry, won’t be able to help you there. I believe our base is the 5D. Our mattress is the “Dream Supreme.” We were not interested in any of the extra features (bluetooth, nightlights, etc) in the fancier bases. Didn’t seem worth it for the bump up in price. Rep said the “deck on deck” feature is purely aesthetic. Also, our king will not be split, so having the extra remote features seemed pointless too. Husband and I will have to agree on the settings anyways, so might as well just be one way to control the bed. We’ll see if we regret not having it split :wink:

Hi a.stauff,

Thanks for the update … and it shouldn’t be long now till you get to actually sleep on your new mattress instead of just dreaming about it :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Shipping update… Have heard nothing from anyone since Friday…

Despite being told that we would be contacted “in 2 days” from when our mattress arrived “near us” it took me calling and demanding an update today to get the Reverie folks to figure out what is going on with their logistics company. Now being told by the logistics company that the soonest delivery can be done is the 11th, and in fact that is the only day the entire week that they will be in our area. Reverie folks are still being quite responsive to my questions about this, but “they can’t do anything about” when our order is delivered. Which I understand, but am frustrated that there is not disclosure before/during ordering that delivery might be a long PITA process. I did set up delivery for the 11th, even though I don’t know how it will work for my husband and I’s schedule very well. We may be sleeping on the couch for a few nights since we need to remove our old bed to make room for the new one and we work alternating shifts Monday and Tuesday. Sigh.

Anyways, not much we can do about it at this point. So be warned, potential customers, be ready for the time quote on delivery to be incorrect. We’re definitely going to be at 4 1/2 weeks by the time this gets here barring more delays.

I also ordered a mattress protector from Reverie to the tune of $155. Husband and I decided we better cover the thing with their protector in case we end up sending it back. So I will review that as well… If any of it ever arrives… :wink:

Hi a.stauff,

Thanks for the update.

I would probably be a little frustrated with the additional delays and lack of followup as well.

Phoenix

I’M FOLLOWING this thread! You should get it tomorrow.

The sleep system arrived Wednesday. No issues with delivery. Deliverymen were on time, pleasant and quick with set-up. The bed is great so far. :slight_smile:

The adjustable bases are working as promised. Massage feature is nice. There are a couple of presets (zero gravity and anti-snore) and 3 other preset buttons you can customize. We have a non-split king size and both remotes work to control the whole bed.

The mattress itself is really nice. Really different from anything I’ve ever slept on before, but I really like it. When we tested memory foam at a store I remember feeling really “stuck” in the bed. This feels nothing like that. It is almost springy. When I first laid on it I was worried it would be too firm for me, but it has a great give to it. I have a bad shoulder but prefer to lay on the side with the sore shoulder. I have had zero shoulder pain the last two mornings. Fantastic! My husband says his back is feeling good too (he has scoliosis). The rep warned us that it might take a little while to “get used” to the bed, but I have not noticed anything like that. The bed has a little odor, but it is really minimal. The only issue I’m having so far is figuring out temperature regulation. I am a hot sleeper and the bed definitely holds heat more than our old inner spring. I was cold with just a sheet and light blanket the first night, but woke up sweating buckets last night with a comforter, light blanket and sheet. I just need to find a happy medium I guess. I’m hoping the bed won’t be super hot in the summer (I work odd shifts and do some day-time sleeping). We’ll see.

The mattress cover we ordered from Reverie is just a Gotcha Covered mattress protector. Save yourself a few bucks and order one from Amazon. It’s fine, just overpriced through Reverie.

So overall I have been pretty pleased with the whole experience. The customer service rep has been in contact with me since delivery to check on us/the bed. I will say that when I first requested information from Reverie and spoke with a sales rep early in our decision-making process they were calling me A LOT to try to make the sale. I got a little annoyed with that (they were calling twice a day some days). But I probably could have been firm and told them to stop calling. I just let them go to voicemail :wink: But truly, the overall experience was pretty good. I wish it would have come within the quoted 4 weeks, but they were pretty darn close. Overall ordering experience 7.5/10, bed so far 9/10 … I will update this in a few weeks or so and see if I’ve changed my mind at all.

Bed Specs:
Base is a 5D King Size (which is 2 Twin XL’s with linked remotes) Shop all Reverie Sleep Systems for Customized Adjustable Sleep
Mattress is the Dream Supreme King Shop all Reverie Sleep Systems for Customized Adjustable Sleep

Hi a.stauff,

Thats great news that your mattress arrived and thanks for taking the time to share such detailed comments and feedback … I appreciate it :).

Some of the information in post #2 here may be helpful with temperature regulation.

Phoenix

Hi a.stauff, I’m also considering this system and noticed you listed you purchased the Dream Supreme with the 5D base, is that right? I see on there page they list the Dream Sleep system with the 5D and the Dream Supreme with the new 8Q base. We’re thinking of going with the split king size. I really like the idea of customization as I would hope it limits ultimately being disappointed since it can be fine tuned to each person.

I noticed you said the bed has some off gassing and I thought Latex doesn’t normally do this like a memory foam bed would, I wonder if it’s using a synthetic latex instead of “natural” latex?? I also wonder if it is a synthetic latex as to the reason you are having a temperature regulation issue??