Review of Comfort Sleep Systems in CT?

Does anyone have a review of Comfort Sleep; Systems in Branford CT?

Hi jdeans,

Posts #2 and #5 in this topic should by helpful :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I’m wondering the same thing. We’re on our way to their showroom and I can’t find many reviews, just two negative ones on Yelp. Phoenix–since they’re a trusted business on your site can you give us any feedback?

Hi Mar6cia.

Just because a business doesn’t have reviews it does not mean that there is something wrong with the company or their products just like a flimsy mattress on Amazon having thousands of “positive” reviews doesn’t mean they are good. You can look online at some of the mattresses on Amazon that are the absolute worst in quality and durability, and they have 4.8 star ratings. I am even aware of practices of some online brands who work hard to scour and cleanse the internet of any reviews that are negative toward their mattress, even going to the point of bribing consumers to change a review or threatening them with legal action if they don’t comply! So, reviews can often be extremely misleading.

While other people’s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular business can certainly be very helpful … I would always keep in mind that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and I would be cautious about using anyone else’s suggestions, experiences or reviews on a specific mattress (either positive or negative) or review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you. In many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own Personal preferences) may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (even if they are in a similar weight range). In other words … reviews or other people’s experiences in general won’t tell you much if anything about the suitability, quality, durability, or “value” of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here).

I really would advise against using online reviews for any meaningful analysis of a product. These reviews are usually made in the short-term, when any quality of item will generally feel better than what is being replaced. Additionally, these reviews are usually offered up by people unqualified to render an educated analysis about the actual composition of the product. And most often they are subjective, commenting upon personal preferences versus the actual quality of the product.

Your best bet is to always focus upon the quality of the componentry in the mattress and how it is constructed. That will give you your best chance at success as far as durability goes. Then, conversations with knowledgeable retailers or the owners of the factory themselves will be the most assistive.

As you noted Comfort Sleep Systems in Branford CT are one of the manufacturing Trusted Members of this site and like all the members here I think very highly of and consider them to be among the “best of the best” in the industry. They are very knowledgeable and never fail to guide their customers to make the best possible choices out of the many options they have available.

As this company has an established track record of having the consumer’s interest at heart I trust that you’ll have a positive experience visiting them and I am looking forward to any updates you might have.

Phoenix