Review of Texas Mattress Makers

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to stop by and investigate TMM’s products. I was impressed with their products. They had standard run of the mill mattresses, memory foam based mattresses, pocketed coil ones, memory foam like toppers, etc.

I just was not impressed with the salespeople. I felt like aping pong ball. On 3 occasions, I was transferred to another sales rep. While I was there, I watched 2 other patrons receive dedicated service. Not sure what was going on, but I was not happy. I was ready to make a purchase but did not appreciate the support I received.

Jim

Hi twowheelyankee,

I’m sorry you didn’t like the service you received during your visit to TMM. Sometimes there are differences in the knowledge of the staff – is that why other salespeople stepped in? Was it an issue that your questions weren’t getting answered completely? If by being “ready to make a purchase” do you mean that you found a model that you liked (I’m sure someone would have been happy to write you up), or do you mean when you arrived you had the intention to make a purchase on that visit? Did you ask for a manager to give you better assistance?

The reason I’m curious is that it’s odd for someone to not receive good service there unless the store was understaffed or perhaps they had newer people on the floor who weren’t as knowledgeable about the product. Regardless, it’s unfortunate you didn’t have a good visit.

On another topic, how was your Super Bowl experience?

Phoenix

I recently purchased a Geneva mattress from Texas Mattress Makers. The salesman when I first came in provided me a good description of of there process, and differences in mattress.

I came back later a second time with a friend to try out mattress and was not given the same level of attention. He was on his phone helping other customers. I ended up purchasing, but now that the mattress was delivered last week it is a bit firm. I called in and they recommended standing or walking on the mattress where I need the mattress to be more broke in.

I am still under the 30 day trial and plan on exchanging for something softer if I am not satisfied. The mattress that they had in the show room was soft and then medium but I couldn’t find a medium soft which is the mattress I am trying to target. My salesman couldnt really explain how I could get that with the product offering and now I am trying what I thought was the best mattress for me.

HI jknasse2,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Congratulations on your new mattress! :cheer:

TMM is correct that there will be a break in and adjustment period for any new mattress or sleeping system as the mattress loses any of its “false firmness” and the cover stretches and loosens a little and your body gets used to a sleeping surface that is different from which that it was accustomed (see post #3 here). This would typically be a few weeks but it can be shorter or longer depending on the specifics of the person and the mattress. You will also personally go through your own period of adjustment, as your body loses some of its “learned alignment” from your previous mattress. Rolling around or crawling/walking on a new mattress will help break-in the product sooner, as was suggested by TMM.

I’m sorry, but your description here doesn’t make sense to me and I’m not following your explanation. There are many models in the TMM lineup. Are you saying you couldn’t find one that you liked? If not, how did you decide upon the mattress that you selected? I’m curious – is it that they offered a custom configuration for you based upon your testing in the showroom?

The good news is that you had the foresight to choose a manufacturer who can make a change for you within a trial period, and using your current mattress as reference they would be best able to provide suggestions that could give you a bit more plushness if you eventually need to find tune what you have. As you’ve only had the mattress for a week, it really isn’t enough time for you to adjust to the mattress, nor for the mattress to adjust to you. Some of the biggest changes in perception of new mattress comfort can be found in comments on the forum from site members between the first 1-3 weeks of new mattress ownership, so I’m hoping that you’ll be able to use up your entire trial period before making a decision about what to do with your current mattress, and I hope that you’ll report back with your findings at that time.

Phoenix