Rochester, NY first time matress hunt

I am so happy I found your site. Goodness there is a lot here.

I’ve read through all of the basic info pages and some of the pros and cons. Now onto finding a manufacturer. As you already know, little Rochester doesn’t have much in the local small producer market. I searched through the posts that mention “Rochester” and we really only have Jamestown, correct? We don’t mind buying from further away, as long as its a small manufacturer.

I’m 5’4" and around 125#, mostly a side and stomach sleeper, and mostly lower back pain. He’s about 6’ and around 165#, mostly a side and back sleeper, shoulder (right) and lower back pain. We both spend all day on our feet (I’m a nurse and he works in a granite shop).

We’re both are pretty confident in the idea of memory foam, mostly because a lot of what we’ve read says its great for back pain. I’ve only ever bought one mattress (coil and it ended up being uncomfortable for me in less than a year) and hes never bought one. So we’re feeling a little overwhelmed. :unsure: Are there a few companies that ship out here that you would suggest? We found Select A Bed, and I’m going to start on the companies you have listed, but if you have a few suggestions, that would be awesome.

Thank you so much for untangling this web :slight_smile:

Hi kjehealy,

You’ve probably seen this but post #11 here has the better options or “possibilities” I’m aware of in the Rochester area but Jamestown is the only factory direct manufacturer there that I’m aware of. The next closest would be in the Syracuse area (there is a link in the same post to the Syracuse list as well).

The tutorial post has a link to some of the better online memory foam manufacturers and retailers I’m aware of that ship across the country but to save you going back and looking it’s in post #12 here :slight_smile:

Phoenix