Rocky Mountain Mattress- Retail Store

I noticed on the recommended list on this site that Rocky Mountain Mattress is listed in Conover, NC. We are very close to that, so I went to their site to see about visiting/testing mattresses.

The contact information at the bottom of their page, and on the “contact us” page lists a location in UT. So, I emailed to find out if there was an NC location we could visit.

They have a factory in Conover, NC, but do not allow visitors at the production site. They have set-up a retail store in Mooresville, NC (about 30-40 mins from Conover). The “factory outlet” is listed way at the bottom of their website, which I only found after they replied to me: http://www.rockymountainmattress.com/factory-outlet

Wanted to mention this case you feel the need to change the location on the TMU site, so people don’t think they can go to Conover. Regardless, I’m looking forward to visiting the retail store in the near future.

Here was the reply I received:
Here is the information requested. The factory no longer allows people to visit due to production problems with people in the area, so they have opened a retail store for this purpose. They factory does not have our particular line setup at their retail store but they can guide you to similar models and foams. They also do not have our prices and specials exactly.

Lake Mattress
Ref: Rocky Mountain Mattress
480A River Hwy
Mooresville, NC 28117
704-664-4600
Store hours
MON-FRI 10:00 – 5:00
SAT-10:00 – 1:00

Hi ncmom,

This issue of the recent change in the Rocky Mountain “factory outlet” came up recently (see post #19 and 20 here) but I still haven’t received a clear reply from Rocky Mountain. It seems that the people at Lake Mattress were not particularly happy that Rocky Mountain had them listed on their site and when I talked to Rocky Mountain about this they told me they would clarify things in a few days but I haven’t heard the outcome yet.

NOTE ADDED: The Mooresville Lake Mattress location is now closed but for those that are local you can visit the Lake Mattress factory in Conover who will set up similar layers to the Rocky Mountain mattresses so you can test them to get a good sense of how they feel.

Phoenix

Thanks for the update.

We are looking for something local so we can compare a latex mattress vs MF. Hopefully, Lake Mattress will have enough in-store options for us to decide which way to go. From what I’ve seen so far, any store we’ve been to is above our price range and/or doesn’t really have what we are looking for. I was hoping since RMM was recommended that we could test some of their products too.

I really like the Ultimate Dreams 13" gel bed (from what I’ve read), and we have tried the Tempurpedic Luxe and Supreme in stores, and think we would like something in between those 2 levels. Chuck listed it as about an 8 on their scale. Concerned about the return options and heat retention.

I also like the 12" Bamboo mattresses on the BB site (honestly, its more than we want to pay, ideally, but if we can get 5% off, and maybe a pillow or two for liking their facebook page, then we may bite the bullet). With the 12" latex option you can pick a level 8, but with the 10" it’s a 3 or 6 only in the dropdown. The MF options are not selectable on the comfort scale in the dropdown as it’s listed, so I’m not sure where they would fall. I do like the 120 day trial and the option to exchange layers if needed.

I’ve heard lots of good things about latex (durability, ability to select comfort, etc), which is what pulls me away from the UD 13" gel bed. Without being able to try one though (so far), I don’t know if we would prefer MF or latex.

Hi ncmom,

It would be nice but unfortunately things change. Lake mattress though does have some good latex and memory foam options available for testing. You’ve probably seen this but there are also other options available in the area listed in post #2 here that may be worth testing so you can get a good sense of the differences in materials and designs either for a local purchase or as a guideline for an online purchase.

Phoenix

Rockymountainmattress literally disappeared. No wonder… Despicable business. I got a “5lb topper” from them and less than a year later was like regular bouncy crappy foam. They didn’t even acknowledge me lol. I’m sure I wasn’t the first…
You know? I’m sorry to bring you the news, but really no small American company is going to come with a good product at a good price. They’re all scammers. I bought my 5lb tempurpedic topper in 2019 and still going strong, like the first day, and it was $100 cheaper on sale vs the $400 rockymountainmattress garbage. I wish you guys stop recommending people to get scammed by a small local company that only sells garbage, all of them sell garbage or overpriced mattresses and toppers, no exception. When it comes to anything except for maybe food in some cases, small local companies are ought to scam you, that’s the sad reality.
Just for the sake of having a talking point or pretend to know anything about mattresses, very harmful advices you guys give here many times…