Room and Board Mattress?

Does anyone have any experience with the Room and Board Encased Coil Mattress with Natural Latex?

http://www.roomandboard.com/catalog/bedroom/room-and-board-mattresses/encased-coil-mattress-with-natural-latex

Wondering how it holds up and whether anyone has had problems with the materials or quality?

Thanks

Hi juliannag,

While I don’t have any personal experience sleeping on their mattress … there is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses regardless of the name of the manufacturer in post #13 here.

In terms of durability and the useful life of a mattress … any mattress (regardless of the name of the manufacturer) is only as good as its construction and the quality and durability of the materials and components inside it.

The RoomandBoard mattress you are considering uses a good quality pocket coil and has latex comfort layers with a wool quilted cover and all of these are good quality and durable components so there aren’t any “weak links” in the design or materials (see the guidelines here). The only caution I would have is that the polyfoam used in the edge support may be a little lower density than I would be comfortable with (I believe they use 1.45lb density but I would confirm this with them) if you often sit on the edge of your mattress or you are in a heavier weight range (see more about edge support here). A forum search on roomandboard (you can just click the link) will bring up more forum posts with comments and feedback about them as well.

There are also some pocket coil/latex hybrids listed in post #2 here that you can use as reference points for comparison.

If you have confirmed that the mattress is a good “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) … hopefully using the testing guidelines in the tutorial … and it isn’t “on the edge” of being too soft for you which can affect the durability and useful life of a mattress (see post #2 here), and it compares well to the other finalists you are considering based on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you, then it would certainly be well worth considering as a good quality/value and durable mattress purchase.

Phoenix