Royal Sleep Mfgr.Fort Worth, TX/SleepRiteAustin, Austin, TX

First, thanks for all of the helpful info on mattress selection. Who knew it was so complicated? It is a tad overwhelming, but we’re making progress, especially after our first field trip yesterday. We found your list of Austin mattress companies and visited two of them. Prior to that, we had decided that we wanted a latex king mattress (we’re both side sleepers, sleep hot, and weigh too much), and established a budget of $3,000. We really weren’t sure what firmness we were interested.

Our favorite was the Lake Travis model, a 12 inch Talalay mattress made by Royal Sleep Mattresses, to the specifications of SleepRiteAustin.com. It has a bamboo/wool quilt layer on top. The comfort layer ILD is 26, and the support layer ILD is 36, which apparently classifies it as ‘medium’ for the comfort layer. The price was $2700, including the platform, and haul away service for the old mattress which is recycled. Their exchange policy is full exchange w/in 120 days.

I couldn’t find out much about Royal Sleep mattresses, although there was one reference on this website. Since they make them to the specs of the distributor, I wasn’t sure comments would be very helpful, unless they were about this store’s products. Do you have any feedback about them, or comments about my description above?

We’re planning to go back to SleepRiteAustin in a day or two, and check out one more store. Thanks so much for your guidance and your support to all of us!

Hi Marthalawlor,

Royal Sleep Products in Fort Worth does business as City Mattress Factory and you can see some of my thoughts about them in the Dallas/Ft Worth list here.

In terms of quality/durability though, a mattress is only as good as the quality and durability of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label and the mattress you are looking at uses 12" of Talalay latex (the description isn’t clear about whether it’s 100% natural or blended Talalay but both are good quality materials) so there are no low quality materials or weak links in the design.

If you have tested the mattress carefully and objectively and it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) and it also compares well to your other finalists based on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you then it would certainly be well worth considering as your final choice.

Phoenix