Saatva Hybrid Latex

What is everyones opinion of the Saatva Hybrid latex mattress? I am looking at that model as well as similar innerspring/latex beds from Awara, Wink, Brooklyn and Avocado.
Thanks!

Hi old sarge.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum. :slight_smile:

While hearing others opinions can be useful, we always caution people to stay away from reviews when looking to purchase a mattress. People often review mattresses far too early after receiving them, and reviews lack specific information about all the variables that can contribute to the suitability of a mattress (like details about the person and the mattress) that would make them more meaningful/accurate. We also suggest reading about the dangers of making a purchase based on reviews here.

That said, we understand there is value in comprehensive conversations, so you may be interested in this thread, and this thread.

And, as I am unsure where you are in your mattress shopping journey, I would also recommend reading our Mattress Shopping Tutorial and our Mattress Durability Guidelines to help you get an idea of what kind of mattress may be most appropriate for you in terms of support and durability.

I hope this helps.
NikkiTMU

Hello Nikki,

I have been shopping since last year. Some of the companies have been very free with the tech aspects of their mattress like coil spring count, gauge of springs, tempering and manufacturer of the springs. Others not so free with the information. Saatva was the latest company I am looking at. Ships in a conventional box. A compressed then rolled mattress with pocketed springs could conceivably bend the spring along its coil axis . Although compressed, rolling can introduce some deformation. So I tossed out a general information question regarding Saatva as well as the others I am looking at. In looking at on line customer reviews, I understand you concern about folks jumping too soon on a review. And I am a cautious person. My wife and I are in our 70’s and want to go back to innerspring type construction without all the chemical formulated foams and such.

Thank you so very much for your reply.

David

Hi David.

It sounds like you are doing a lot of in depth, careful research. If you come across any questions in your research, we’re always here to help.

I hope some others will chime in with their Saatva experiences as well!

NikkiTMU

Nikki,
Doing the best I can. The Saatva uses Calmera wool. A fellow at Saatva says it is trademarked as New Zealand Calmera wool. No further info and no where on the web can I find calmera wool. Tough to research its properties.
(https://equella.lincoln.ac.nz/prod/file/e1245dc5-7a0e-45d0-9a6e-82c57d731d25/1/571%20Module%20WOOL%20PRODUCTION%20CC%20Mar16.pdf).

Saatva also has 943 coil springs; Avocado up to 1414 (cal king?) which is the size I am shopping. Both companies use Legget - Platt springs so we are even on spring quality.

Saatva and some others use the Talalay method of latex while Avocado and some use latex made by the Dunlop method.
I could go on but I know you are busy. The link, by the way, is very interesting. You would be surprised that companies are using wool and have little to no knowledge about the product. Shameful!

David