Saatva lux firm

Hello, I purchased the Saatva luxury firm and I find it a little hard. I’ve only had it for three nights but it is very uncomfortable. I contacted them and was advised to give it about two weeks to break in and soften. I intend to do this but I am wondering if anyone else had this issue and did the mattress soften after a little time? I’ve tried sleeping on my stomach and side to no avail.

Hi Twix,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

I’m sorry that your Saatva isn’t comfortable to you right now, but I would agree with them that you need to give it more time to “break-in” and lose some of its “false firmness”. Additionally, you’ll probably have some “learned alignment” from your old mattress and it’s normal to take a few weeks for you to adjust to a new mattress, and for the mattress to adjust to you. You can read about this in more detail in post #3 here .

Taking time to adjust to a new mattress is normal, and everyone goes through this to some extent. Being “surprised” by how a mattress feels when shopping online is more common than when you have a chance to try something out in a retail location, as there is no standardized terminology to describe how something might feel, and even if there was, what might feel “firm” to one person could feel “medium” to another, as there are not only individual differences in perceptions, but also variances in BMI, personal sensitivities, sleeping styles, somatotypes, flexibility and strength, just to name a few items.

The good news is that you did pick an item with a 120 day trial in the unfortunate case that things don’t turn out as well as you would have hoped.

I’ll be interested in learning how your mattress feels to you after you’ve had a chance to sleep on it for a while longer.

Phoenix

I will definitely let you know in a few weeks how it turns out. The mattress is very pretty and looks well built. I probably should have chosen the soft instead of lux firm, live and learn

I’ve had the mattress for a few weeks now and it has become very comfortable. It took a few weeks to break in and for me to adjust but now I’m very happy with it.

Hi Twix,

I’m very happy to hear that both you and your new Saatva mattress are “adjusting to each other”. That’s great news.:slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to any future updates you’re able to provide “down the road”.

Phoenix

Lol, Im going through this with a Winkbeds medium, just like you after two weeks it started to feel much softer, and now my wife is loving it and I’m almost loving it.
Got to break in a mattress…

Hi earlds,

[quote]Lol, Im going through this with a Winkbeds medium, just like you after two weeks it started to feel much softer, and now my wife is loving it and I’m almost loving it.
Got to break in a mattress…[/quote]

I’m glad you’re adjusting to your new mattress, and it is also adjusting a bit to you.

As you’re probably aware, there will be a break in and adjustment period for any new mattress or sleeping system as the mattress loses any of its “false firmness” and the cover stretches and loosens a little and your body gets used to a sleeping surface that is different from what it is used to (see post #3 here). This would typically be a few weeks but it can be shorter or longer depending on the specifics of the person and the mattress.

It sounds like you’re on your way to sleeping better. :slight_smile:

Phoenix