Saatva mattress review and analysis

Hi timetomoveon,

I certainly wouldn’t hold the fact that you are an engineer against you and i have been known to get fairly technical on occasion as well :slight_smile:

Your two cents and opinions are always welcome along with any others of course but you will find that if you talk with hundreds or even thousands of the more knowledgeable retailers and manufacturers in the industry (regardless of whether they are members here or not because the membership is currently only a small subset of the better quality/value mattresses that are available in the industry … see post #5 here) that the testing they do doesn’t reflect “real life” nearly as well as you may believe regardless of someone’s initial experiences on a mattress.

Anyone who understands how different mattresses are made to be suitable for some people and not for others will also understand that it can be very misleading and risky to make a mattress choice based on these types of specific recommendations for a specific mattress and that these types of recommendations will only be applicable to a small percentage of the population because there are so many variables involved in body type, sleeping positions, and personal preferences between different people not to mention the durability of a mattress. This is not just practical … it’s also “scientific”. It’s also much too early to know the durability of any mattress after only a few weeks or months (the durability of a good quality mattress should be measured in years … not weeks or months which is more indicative of the suitability of a mattress choice or a manufacturing defect).

In addition to being “somewhat technical” sometimes … I also enjoy a good game of poker and sometimes AA hole cards will lose and 2-7 offsuit will win regardless of the odds but regardless of whether you win or lose with any specific hand or on any specific day or week … the law of averages will always catch up with you in the end. My goal is always to shift the odds of success in favor of the consumer as much as possible by knowing what to look for and what to avoid based on the “preponderance of the evidence” that is available throughout the industry because no set of guidelines or suggestions will ever be “perfect” or be a guarantee of success.

There is an old saying that you can either learn from other people’s experiences or you can learn from your own but if you are happy with your purchase and you have been made aware of the risks and are comfortable with them then from my perspective you make a choice that was the “best for you” regardless of whether others would make the same choices as you did or not.

Phoenix