Saatva mattress review and analysis

Post has been removed by USER.
I removed this post because Saatva fixed my problem, not because of any requests made to me by them or Ed or in exchange for remuneration as some members choose to think. there were three posts I removed because maybe there were unfair comments made by me while I was angry at them. so long ago I don’t even remember them. but the fact is I have said enough in the posts that I left and I feel that others will contribute their own experiences to complete the puzzle. I still follow the forum but I don’t contribute to it pertinent to the product. I do enjoy the banter from the amusing few that still seem to police this forum.

Hey Phoenix, I never meant to make poppanaldo a target. I only meant to support his predicament.

I’m happy to let all of this speak for itself.

I am so glad this is here for the world to see.

Hi itsbillhill,

As they say … no harm no foul :slight_smile:

There were no lines crossed but I thought I would add a caution just to make sure it stayed on topic.

Phoenix

“Saatva is making this so much worse by writing these responses and having poppanaldo claim that he wrote them.”

That quote is 100% correct and substantiated by the poppanaldo himself! What the hell is this forum for then! poppanaldo admitted to having Saatva change his review in a different forum and allowed his name to be posted to that review. What are we supposed to do, say “well you admitted it but I don’t think that’s a fact”? Really? Because if we have to do that, then there is no difference in taking something not verifiable by 2 sources and claiming that as a fact. And we’re right back to where we started.

I was under the impression that if someone posts something as an admission, that the forum could view that as a fact. But clearly that is not the case. So, why don’t we just all agree that there is no way to verify anything - there is no poppanaldo, there is no jdicecco, there is no itsbillhill, there is no mattresshunter, and by extension, there is no SaatvaEd. Since there is no way for any of us to prove that any of us actually exist, this is all just an exercise in futility.

How about this - someone claiming to poppanaldo posted that an alleged internet mattress company which appears to go by the name Saatva changed his review and he allowed it. Someone claiming to be SaatvaEd predicted that someone claiming to poppanaldo would be posting a retraction to a negative review written on a different forum. Someone claiming to be itsbillhill correctly predicted that someone claiming to be poppanaldo would post a retraction in response to someone claiming to be SaatvaEd anticipating someone named poppanaldo would post his support due to someone named poppanaldo getting a refund.

Holy effing hell. And I thought it was absurd before.

REALLY? WOOOHOO! you got me man, you are a terrific analyst, one of the best. your mom must have been proud.
We are just a figment in your imaginary world! here’s a mind bender, Monday through Friday I actually sit in for the Pope, that’s my day job. so now that is FACT since I have admitted it.
sorry phoenix I couldn’t take any more.

Hmm. I guess that doesn’t fall under the rules of the forum. But since you dragged my mom into it …

Maybe you do fill in for the pope. More likely, you fill in for the plastic tip at the end of a feminine hygiene product. Which is fine, at least you are serving a purpose.

SO … now I get to share the personal message that was sent to me from poppanaldo, which I had previously planned to keep private. But, since we seem to be going down this path, and Phoenix is not stopping it, here we go …

“close on your observation all they way to the end. I spelled it out pretty well leaving a trail to certain conclusions. I think they screwed the pooch when they got involved with the thread it would have washed away. fact is though they had no idea I would re-post he tried to do something I don’t know what with that 200 refund and should have thought it through. the whole relationship was based on a review and I felt good review but with colorful humor, that’s me. I was surprised that they did not like it. I would share the review here but I don’t want it to get pulled apart. this has become a freak show. Ed realized I’m sure when I actually posted a negative review for the first time here and it was designed to hurt, well then he decided he should have refunded when I asked for it. too little too late I think he knows now that this won’t ever go away. I can never delete my posts now and I don’t want to really but he has a way of making you feel bad. he has not asked me to do anything for the refund he only apologized for not doing right away. I know that he would like me to fix this and yes it is damage control, we all know the motivation and we all know the story now. still in all I felt obligated to re-state my position more clearly, put in those facts I left out purposely to hurt. it was not a retraction of any kind in my mind. a retraction would be physically delete the posts. my goal was to educate others so they could make an informed decision about taking the chance themselves and hopefully not get hurt. they are great marketers. I all I have said is true and I don’t wish to spray anymore gas on the fire that is why I did not post this instead I pm to you because you are the closest to correct and maybe most civil. but again none of that I posted came from Ed okay that’s horseshit. Ed and I are done, whatever happened is past it is up to him to fix his problems, he created his own when he chose to manipulate or control reviews. all I did was self preservation, it is hard to stand on principal when you’re $1800. in the hole on bed you can’t use or sell and you have to buy another $1800. bed to sleep on! so I’ll tell the other side of story the offer was $300. to buy a firm topper and get the original bed back and I would delete the posting that was left. somehow all the other postings I made disappeared from another forum mysteriously. the bed arrived filthy on the side and I had to get it cleaned I asked for $100 more. he sent $200. tot”

Now, everyone can go about with their merry lives and speak no more of this. Here ends my posting.

My question is who is having posts deleted from another forum?

Is that pressure coming from Saatva’s end?

It would be very disturbing to learn if they are pressing to have unfavorable reviews deleted…

…but will hold accusations till we know for certain.

Hi all,

I have deleted 3 of the more recent posts.

For those who have had their posts deleted you are welcome to re-post them after re-reading the last posts of the thread including my cautions along with the rules of the forum and removing the “offending” parts that are off topic or against the rules of the forum.

Phoenix

Post has been removed by USER.
I removed this post because Saatva fixed my problem, not because of any requests made to me by them or Ed or in exchange for remuneration as some members choose to think. there were three posts I removed because maybe there were unfair comments made by me while I was angry at them. so long ago I don’t even remember them. but the fact is I have said enough in the posts that I left and I feel that others will contribute their own experiences to complete the puzzle. I still follow the forum but I don’t contribute to it pertinent to the product. I do enjoy the banter from the amusing few that still seem to police this forum.

Being the administrator or moderator of an internet forum is incredibly hard at times. You have to see all sides, try not to stifle people’s opinions and yet not let things spiral out of control. I find it highly unlikely that Phoenix is reacting to pressure from Saatva. He has continually pushed smaller companies over the big “S” companies. Those “S” companies yield much more power than a company like Saatva would.

I also don’t fault the Saatva company rep for coming on this site. Contrary to a prior statement companies do that all the time. I’m a healthcare manager and several years ago I reported a bad experience with a medical device on a forum and a company rep tracked me down. He ended up calling me at home that evening! I was taken aback at first but he genuinely wanted to make it right and was just doing his job.

This has been an interesting discussion of this company. It’s obvious we’ll never know the whole truth regarding some of the events discussed. In my humble opinion there are definitely some aspects of this company I am suspicious of and I personally would not purchase from them. But that’s just me.

@ Wally W.
did you P.M. Ed with a message I supposedly sent to you? and something he said about your mother? if this is true can I see it or can you post it for all of us. I have no recollection of sending you a message, but if Ed said so I have to believe him.

I Received The refund as promised yesterday. Thank you Ed and Saatva for fixing my problems. I wish it were less stressful but it was a learning experience and we both go forward with greater knowledge. As for others reviewing this forum and researching this product as prospective buyers I wish to say that my problems I think were outside the norm, I venture to guess Mine was a unique experience at least I hope so. No doubt others have experienced difficulties as it is written but I find that those problems are more directly related to some customer service issue than the product itself. It is still my opinion that the mattress was well engineered and well executed even though I only slept on it for 6 weeks or so I was impressed with how it held up in comparison to the “S” companies over a similar period of time. I can’t get an “S” corp product to not show serious body impressions in 2 weeks that is scary for the same money spent. so take it for what it’s worth, the only complaints I have read aside from mine on the defective #2 bed were that it wasn’t comfortable to that consumer and that was my problem with it as well as the unexplained allergic reaction. In fact there is another poster on this forum that has owned one for a year at the time of this post and his only complaint was that he felt “it was no better than any other bed he paid more for”, so after a year I guess he is not having any problems with it, so that is a good sign. read forums on the major brands most are junk at 3 months anymore, that’s scary. there is no one size fits all mattress the only way to know is to try it and if it fits into your specific comfort range then there is a good chance you will like it. these companies offer a trial period for a reason and they must be prepared honor it, and I believe Saatva will and they offer a no cost return other than initial shipping which in my case was $198 at the time of purchase, but I think most is around $99. now. And hey, if they don’t then post a review about it and you will get immediate attention! that is because they are watching these forums closely and even though some find it “creepy” it shows concern for their company. they will defend their product and reputation, maybe not always in the best manner, but just maybe they will respond in a positive manner to help fix a problem that they were unaware of or more severe than they initially thought. at least they care enough about their company to spend the time watching. I have never seen one of the majors step in to a thread for any reason and there are many thousands of bad reviews of their products and unhappy customers that get no resolution. Smaller companies have to care and the big ones just ride on their namesake. as for me I am back to shopping and not looking forward to it, so if anyone knows of great innerspring extra firm that will last a few years at least before dipping seriously, please let me know.

I must say, the change here is simply amazing. And it makes me curious. It’s a wonder what a cash refund can do. I went back and read your very first posts, and again, I must say the turnaround is amazing. You now sound supportive!

As far as them trolling the internet because they care about the company, you’re absolutely right. They seem to care ONLY about the company to the point where you won’t see anything criticizing the company or the product. Only positive reviews about how much the family dog loves their mattresses!! It makes you wonder how many deals such as yours are made that we will never hear about. In any rate, we have this info which is here for mattress buyers to find if they do some research.

Best of luck in your mattress search. Glad you got your refund from what I think is a shady company.

Yes, I suppose it does sound that way but the facts are there and people can decide for themselves how to interpret them. I made reference even in my first review a couple of times that I thought the Luxury Firm appeared to be a well made mattress so I can’t see how my opinion has changed any on that aspect.

Hello, everyone. I’d like to tell you about my experience with Saatva and my recent purchase.
After reading some reviews and a little homework from this site my wife and I settle on the purchase of a Saatva Firm mattress set. We settle on firm due to my chronic bad back and I experience relief only when on the firmest of mattress. Since Saatva only offers three types with the “firm” being the firmest model it’s a no brainer.
Ok, so we order it online with no live human interaction…we get a confirmation and a call but since I miss the call from the Saatva rep and play phone tag twice more I figure it’s just as well and after all it’s already ordered and confirmed with the company handling the actual delivery.
By the way, one of the reviews I read stated that the Saatva firm was akin to lying on cement and was promptly returned by the customer so naturally I knew that it must be karma that the review was meant for my eyes to see!
Our mattress set ( frame box spring and mattress ) arrives on the scheduled day at the scheduled time…so far it’s perfect, all I can think of is the new sheets on the new bed and my heavenly sleep experience that awaits! Sheets are on sun has set and I place my rather large manly existence squarely on my new mattress.
First impression is it’s not nearly as firm as I imagined it should/would be but hey it’s new and it’s mine.
Several nights later I begin to realize that I’m sinking into this mattress way more than I think I should be and my back tells me this ain’t gonna work.
In the morning I call Saatva and express my concern and without hesitation they arrange for a pick up and delivery of a brand new replacement.
Replacement arrives but my wife notices it’s damaged on the underside and seems to be folding on itself while the men are bringing it in. She calls me I recommend refusal based on the information she told me and promptly call Saatva again where another replacement is requested and confirmed.
Third mattress is delivered this time by two guys who really are doing a professional job of getting this mattress in our home with all the care and consideration one would expect. Not that the other two deliveries were shoddy but the last two fellas really showed they cared about our purchase.
So here I lay typing this from my new bed and my back as of yet is not complaining so this one seems more firm than the first. I don’t know why that should be but suffice to say it is…so far. Any noticeable changes and my trusty back will let me know and I in turn will let both Saatva and you my fellow mattress enthusiasts know.
On a scale of 1to10 I give this purchase experience an honest 7 and the quality of the Saatva mattress an 8.
I do wish Saatva would offer a “ultra firm” model because some of us really would prefer it but like I said so far so good. I’d recommend this product with the caveat that it’s softer that you may like so order the firm and enjoy your repose !

Hi Nofaithnewe,

Thanks for sharing the details of your experiences with Saatva … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

It certainly seems like the service you received was great but I have a few comments and questions that come to mind …

[quote]By the way, one of the reviews I read stated that the Saatva firm was akin to lying on cement and was promptly returned by the customer so naturally I knew that it must be karma that the review was meant for my eyes to see!

First impression is it’s not nearly as firm as I imagined it should/would be but hey it’s new and it’s mine.
Several nights later I begin to realize that I’m sinking into this mattress way more than I think I should be and my back tells me this ain’t gonna work.

I do wish Saatva would offer a “ultra firm” model because some of us really would prefer it but like I said so far so good.[/quote]

This isn’t unusual at all because each person can have a very different definition of what is firm and soft and and what is too firm for one person can be too soft for another. There is also no consistent standard between mattress comfort ratings between different manufacturers. They do say on their page about comfort levels here that they don’t have a mattress that is in the very firmest or very softest range and this makes sense to me because there would be so few people who would choose or benefit from either one that it probably wouldn’t make economic sense to add either one to their lineup and the additional options would probably do more to make the choice between firmness levels too complex and confusing for many people rather than be helpful. These types of more extreme firmness options would probably best be served by a local retailer or manufacturer so it can be tested in person.

I’m curious about this replacement because you already had the firmest option they have available so I’m wondering why you thought replacing the mattress with another one that was the same firmness level would help. Did they think your mattress may be the wrong firmness level or indicate that their firmness levels may not be consistent from mattress to mattress (perhaps depending on which of their factories made it) and that they may be able to find a “firm” mattress that was firmer than yours?

As you probably know from reading this site, the quality of a mattress relative to its durability depends entirely on the quality and durability of its construction and the materials inside it and this is something that can’t really be assessed until a few years after a purchase or by knowing the quality/durability of the materials inside the mattress relative to other mattresses you were considering so I’m curious on how you arrived at the “8” rating. Was it was based on how the mattress looked or its more cosmetic features or did you make the assessment on a set of criteria other than durability?

Thanks again for your feedback.

Phoenix

Sounds like customer service is working well, that’s a good sign. I hope your Saatva Firm continues to be the comfort you were looking for and that 8 rating holds up.

According to Saatva, they have the best customer service on the internet. The only problem for me is, I can’t sleep on customer service. I need to sleep on a mattress. A well made mattress. That isn’t all about some BS.

Peace.

I be puzzled to why the 2 different mattresses did not have the same feel or firmness being the same exact model. aren’t all the materials supposed to be the same? follow the recipe and it should come out the same every time ! I can understand the defective 2nd one, that’s just poor quality control. maybe the user just gotten used to it’s feel by the time the 3rd one showed up? hey 1 outa 3 ain’t bad! long as they happy.

Sleepless Nights:

My partner and I purchased a luxury firm Saatva mattress in August of 2013 after reading only great reviews about it. It seemed like a well-made mattress until we slept on it. It has been 8 months and every single day we wake up with bad back pain. Neither of us sleep through the night without waking up every hour to change positions. We only started experiencing these problems after we started sleeping on the mattress. We’ve slept on memory foam, spring, and even air mattresses for extended periods without these problems. I’m concerned that bad reviews are being stripped from the Internet because we cannot be the only ones experiencing these issues. I am going to buy a new mattress now, which is a shame because the Saatva mattress did not come at a throwaway price.

UPDATE:

I was contacted by Saatva Customer Service soon after posting a review on their site. They were very concerned with our satisfaction level and wanted to discuss and remedy our situation right away. Saatva’s attention to customer service is very proactive.