SAATVA MATTRESS REVIEW

I ordered my luxury firm king mattress Sept. 18, 2014, Oct. 10 supposed to be delivered, we will see how this goes. Unlike other reviewers I was only contacted once right after purchase to b thanked for buying and to pls review my experience immediately??? Well I have not received anything yet so how can I review. Also I was told delivery would be 18 days from the date of invoice, well we are over that. I contacted Paola by email, concerning my delivery and how I tried to contact the delivery company well over 10 times and took me all day to get a real live person on the phone e that can give answers on delivery. Well I received no email reply from Saatva!!! None for 2 days so I emailed again, oh I get a call then, well by then I had got in contact with the horrible delivery company!! No need for them now!! I will review on the 10th on delivery and a few weeks after use of this questionable mattress. So far not very happy at all!! Not impressed!!! I have researched for over a yr now and very reluctant ordering this mattress. We will see??? To be cont’d… Buying a mattress should not be this difficult, or expensive!! The junk these company’s put out and sell for $$$$, hate buying mattresses!! we will see how the rest of this purchase goes!!!

Hi sunset07,

Thanks for the feedback but some of your comments about the mattress and the overall “tone” of your post may be a little unfair or premature because as you yourself mentioned you haven’t received the mattress yet.

This is what they are “supposed” to do and this is when the delivery date is supposed to be scheduled. Were you given a delivery date on this call?

If you were and they couldn’t meet the scheduled delivery date then you had the option to reschedule the delivery or the purchase or even cancel the purchase at no charge (see here) which seems fair to me.

I’m not clear on what you are saying Saatva did “wrong” (other than a slight delay in replying to your email or asking for a review before you received the mattress).

The mattress itself is a fair value and is certainly a better quality/value choice than most of the mainstream mattresses that most people end up purchasing so I’m also not sure why your comments about the quality or value of your mattress are so negative when it hasn’t been received yet. While I agree with you about the quality/value of most of the mattresses that are being sold by the major manufacturers in the mainstream industry … I certainly wouldn’t characterize Saatva as being “junk” or “questionable”.

Perhaps you can clarify why you appear to be so upset with them?

Phoenix

I only had one delivery day, this was the first available date from shipper. Saatva promised 9-18 dys from invoice date. Well they were over that, if I had to cancel the order because they didn’t keep up with their end of this purchase then I would say cust service is far from excellent!! I already had a month invested into this purchase, not to mention my reluctance o purchase one for this very reason cust service!! Also they didn’t have a slight delay in response they had no response until 2 phone calls and 2 emails, days later. Lack of cust. Service. Delivery was late over an hour and do not even bother to call, Saatva refunded $50. Not the $99 I paid, but I’ll take it. So this was a little better cust. Service. The delivery company they used for me was impossible to contact a real live person to get answers on. Saatva took care of it, even though I missed 3 hours of work because of the delivery company, they were less than impressive!! I will review the mattress after a few weeks of having it, like I said in my previous post to be cont’d… But I will say it is a standard mattress, nothing special, as far the other brands in appearance. its definitely not plush, its more firm and I wouldn’t say luxurious!! The coils do feel a bit stronger than other brands, I did not sleep any better last night, butttt this is the first night and will give it a try. I may get a topper and try it.

Hi sunset07,

Maybe I just don’t fully understand the specifics but I’m still not clear on why you seem so unhappy because it seems out of proportion to your experience.

If I’m understanding you correctly you received a phone call from Saatva shortly after your purchase and you chose a delivery date at the time that was acceptable to you at the time. Is this correct?

I think that the length of time it took to contact the delivery company is outside of their control although I do understand that it would be frustrating. I would probably have tried to contact Saatva first if there were any issues with the delivery date you chose.

You already knew what the mattress looked like and the quality/durability of a mattress depends on the quality of the materials inside it and isn’t something that you can feel.

The suitability or “comfort” of a mattress and how it feels and performs in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) is unique to each person something that you can only know for certain when you try a mattress in person and this is why the return or exchange policy of an online company is an important part of the value of any online mattress purchase. In all fairness they do have a good return policy and the only cost of a return is the original delivery fee and you would have already known this when you made your purchase and factored it in to your final choice. The “feel” of a mattress has nothing to do with its quality.

I can only see two real issues in your experience. The first one is the slight delay in their response when you emailed and called them although they do tend to be fairly easy to reach because in addition to email and a phone call they also have an online chat service.

The second is that it appears that they didn’t make the delivery inside the 4 hour delivery window. While this isn’t directly connected to Saatva because they don’t have any direct control over the delivery company, it is part of their responsibility and it seems that they made up for this with the $50 refund because according to their delivery day page here … the delivery company should have informed you that they would be late.

These are all subjective impressions that have little to do with the quality or suitability of a mattress and the appearance of a mattress also has little to do with the quality of the materials. “Luxurious” is also just a subjective perception that doesn’t have any real meaning.

Overall … your comments seem to me to be out of proportion to your experience and your assessment of “quality” seems to be based on your personal experience on the mattress and these are two very different things (although this is a commonly held consumer belief that higher quality mattresses will somehow be more “comfortable” or more “supportive” when the quality of the materials and the support or comfort of a mattress in terms of PPP aren’t related to each other).

I would also give things at least two weeks so that your mattress has a chance to break in and your body has a chance to adjust to a new sleeping surface before you decide to make any changes (such as adding a topper) or decide whether the mattress is a suitable choice for you (see post #3 here).

Phoenix