salt lake city

Hi Lila,

Spring Air at one time was the 4th largest manufacturer in the US but they went bankrupt in 2009 before being re-purchased by its largest licensee (in the US) and are still in the top 15. They are a licensee group and different privately owned manufacturing facilities around the country make their mattresses.

They are one of the larger manufacturers I would tend to avoid because of their typical use of lower quality materials (particularly polyfoam) in the upper layers of their mattresses.

A mattress is only as good as the quality of the materials inside it though and the description they provided doesn’t includes very little meaningful information about the quality of the polyfoam and memory foam layers or the type and quality of the latex. Without this there is no way to know the quality of the mattress or make meaningful quality/value comparisons to other mattresses.

If a manufacturer doesn’t disclose the information you need to make informed buying decisions and you aren’t able to find out what is in the mattress … I would pass it by. IMO … there is too much questionable foam in the top layers of this mattress (3" polyfoam and 1" of memory foam) which is the weak link of a mattress and the 1" latex layer that is in the mix isn’t enough to be particularly meaningful and is more for “label copy”.

Some of the better possibilities I’m aware of in the Salt Lake City area are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix