Savvy Rest latex mattress vs Sleeping Organic

Went to look at and lay on various combinations of latex layers at a Savvy Rest store. (Can’t stand Tempurpedic any longer). I see on line that Sleeping Organic provides the same combinations for almost $1,500.00 difference. They also have a 45 day grace period to return the mattress and Savvy does no returns at all. Your opinion as to which is better would be greatly appreciated. (Dunlop firm base, Talalay firm center, Talalay soft top layer…both 10 inches high) And finally how do you think Zenhaven stacks up as compared to the others. Thanks so much for your time.

Wlee

Hi Wlee,

Both the Savvy Rest and the Sleeping Organic use good quality materials. Savvy Rest offers natural Talalay from Radium and GOLS certified Dunlop from Coco Latex. Sleeping Organic offers natural Talalay, natural Dunlop and GOLS certified natural Dunlop. Savvy Rest offers three different comfort designations in their foams (soft, medium and firm) while Sleeping Organic offers four different comfort designations of their foam layers. Both use similar covers. Savvy Rest does allow for a one-layer exchange for a shipping fee within 90 days, and as you mentioned Sleeping Organic does have the 45 night return policy and a layer exchange program within 100 days. While Savvy Rest does use good quality materials, I would make some careful personal value comparisons, as they are in a bit of a higher price range. As I think you may already be aware, Sleeping Organic is a member of this site which means that I think very highly of them and that I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency.

You can read more about ZenHaven in the simplified choice thread here. It uses good quality materials and is all-Talalay, and is a flippable product with different comforts on each side that is not configurable, so it would be “less like” the other two mattresses you mentioned.

The “value” of a mattress purchase is what is most important and price is just one of many factors that can affect the “value” of a mattress purchase. There isn’t a “formula” that can be used to assess or “calculate” the value of a mattress because there are so many different variables and criteria involved that can affect the price of a mattress that can each be more or less important to some people and not to others who may have completely different criteria or definitions of “value”. The value of a mattress purchase is also relative to how a mattress compares to the other finalists you are considering. There is more about the 3 most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons.

Phoenix

Are the firm Dunlop layers from both companies comparable with the x-firm from Sleeping Organic just being slightly more firm. Thx for your time

Hi Wlee,

Sleeping Organic rates their X-firm Dunlop at D95-100, 45+ ILD. Savvy Rest doesn’t share exact densities and ILDs, but in the past they have listed their firm natural Dunlop at a 40+ ILD.

Phoenix

Thx for getting back to me so quickly…One (I hope) last question. Savvy Rest said not to use a bunky board over our slatted platform which has no center strut but rather a coir mat if I wanted for air circulation. However, Sleeping Organic said a bunky board was fine. Just trying to make sure I understand everything since we are feeling that the price from Sleeping organic is over a $1000.00 savings.

Hi Wlee,

A Bunkie board often has a cardboard deck on top of the wood pallet, and this would not promote air circulation. A coir bed rug would. If you’re adding the Bunkie board for increasing the structure and support of your slatted bed set, that is a different matter from increasing air circulation, and if you have a large span of slats (full size or larger) without center reinforcement, you’d probably want to address that independently of the Bunkie board or coir bed rug. Placing a Bunkie board on top of a slat network without proper center reinforcement will still end up with sag over time, and of course the coir bed rug is not meant to change support characteristics much, but it can be helpful if slat spacing is a bit larger than you’d desire. So in the end it comes down to what actually you’re attempting to address here, and then making sure that you’re not doing anything that would void the warranty from your manufacturer.

Phoenix

so…there is no way to add a center strut to my modern queen platform bed .
Would a bunkie board with a coir bed matt over it for circulation suffice?

Hi Wlee,

Without knowing the configuration of your bed, I couldn’t comment upon what configuration would be the best. If there is sag in the slats, then placing a Bunkie board on top of that will eventually sag as well. The coir bed rug on top of that will allow for extra air circulation - that is true.

If you like you can post photos of the interior construction of your platform bed and maybe this will help explain what exactly you are attempting to accomplish, and I can offer better advice.

Phoenix

can’t figure out how to paste a pic… this is a pic of the bed…thx for all your caring and hard work.

https://www.viesso.com/bruno-bed.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&k=area-bruno-bed&utm_campaign=CPC-Strategy_Google-Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz5m54r7B1QIVCZFpCh0gKg9TEAQYASABEgL94vD_BwE

The picture is here in this link

https://www.viesso.com/bruno-bed.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&k=area-bruno-bed&utm_campaign=CPC-Strategy_Google-Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_56f5PrC1QIVS4BpCh2QBwKNEAQYASABEgJAJ_D_BwE

Hi Wlee,

Thanks for the links to the photos.

That certainly is a beautiful platform bed you have. What size do you have?

I can’t tell the spacing between the slats from the information presented on their web site, but you’d generally want about 3" or less for an all-latex configuration. Were you considering the Bunkie board as a manner of addressing this spacing issue, or as a manner of attempting to reinforce your slat deck?

If you wish to reinforce your slats, you may wish to re-make some of them as T-slats, as shown here.

If you can provide more specifics regarding the slat spacing and the reason you’re considering the Bunkie board, I can be more accurate in my suggestions.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,
The slats themselves on our Queen sized bed are 2 1/2 ’ X 7/8". The slats are spaced 2 1/2" apart. We’ve been using the bunky board for our tempurpedic which is the original Deluxe model so it is not light by any means. We were told to use it for support. I’m assuming a 10" Dunlop mattress will be at least the same weight. I thought the bunk board to address the problem of no center strut and then the coir to make sure there was an air layer. I’m not thinking my husband will want to add the additional ‘T’ to each of the slats.

Hi Wlee,

Thanks for that clarification.

If your Bunkie board uses cardboard on the top deck, you may wish to add the coir bed rug for breathability. If not, you’d want to take a look at the spacing between the slats of your Bunkie board to make sure that they fall within the guidelines from most latex manufactures of 3" or less for slat spacing.

As for center reinforcement, you’d want to observe someone lying down upon the mattress and see if the slats deflect even with the Bunkie board on top, and monitor that over time. If it does sag you’d want to address it, not only because of comfort issues, but also because the potential loss of any warranty coverage.

Phoenix

What did you end up going with? We are torn between too.

Thanks

Hey Supasta33,

Sometimes our consumers come in and out of the TMU, so not always get responses from people that posted in the past. Just giving you a heads up if you have other questions, feel free to post again, and we will try to help.

Thanks again,
Sensei