savvy rest or similar mattress?

Hi All,

I’m a new member. I just spent 3 nights on a guest bed and woke up WITHOUT aching hips. This confirms for me that my sleep number bed isn’t an adequate mattress for me. I’ve suspected as much for a while - I bought and returned a tempurpedic last year. It felt great in the store, but made my hip pain much worse. Recently (visiting a friend) I lay down for a bit on a savvy rest latex mattress, and loved the feel. I’m interested in trying one, but wary of purchasing it outright, since I’m 0 for 2 with mattress selection so far. I live in Louisville, Kentucky and there aren’t any Savvyrest dealers here. Can any of you recommend a dealer or manufacturer close to me?

Hi ctsla,

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place I would start your research is the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices.

The closest Savvy Rest dealer is almost 200 miles away and I don’t know the specifics of the Savvy Rest mattress you tried (they have many options and layer combinations) but there are a number of latex mattresses available in the Louisville, KY area that may be just as good a match for you in terms of PPP as the Savvy Rest you tried even though they have a different design. Your own personal testing is the best way to know which ones are a good match for your body type and sleeping positions. The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the area are listed in post #3 here.

The list of online retailers and manufacturers linked in the tutorial post also includes a number of online manufacturers that also make mattresses with “choose your own layer” designs similar to the Savvy Rest that may also be worth considering.

Phoenix

Hi ctsla,

If you felt you liked the savvy rest you slept on, you should make sure to find out the layers that were used. If it was a queen or king bed, it’s possible the layers are different on each side so make sure you account for that.

Savvy rest beds tend to be either 2, 3, or 4 (3 but with a topper) layers of latex, where each layer is 3". They have both kinds of latex (talalay and dunlop) each in 3 firmness levels (soft, med, firm). If you find out what kind of latex was used and what firmness level, for each layer, it can be beneficial if you want to try duplicating that feel. In theory, if you were to order a savvy rest with the same layers it would feel (nearly) identical.

Even if you don’t go savvy rest, if you liked the feel, it’s useful info. Some people like Dunlop, some talalay, so knowing what you do/don’t like is helpful, and part of the tutorial post Phoenix has made.

Thank you! For the list of local retailers, especially. I will check them out. The savvy rest I tried had soft, medium, and firm layers. I don’t know which kind of latex, but I’m trying to find out.

Catherine

Perfect update of captchas solving package “XRumer 16.0 + XEvil”:
captchas solving of Google (ReCaptcha-2 and ReCaptcha-3), Facebook, BitFinex, Bing, Hotmail, SolveMedia, Yandex,
and more than 8400 another types of captchas,
with highest precision (80…100%) and highest speed (100 img per second).
You can use XEvil 4.0 with any most popular SEO/SMM software: iMacros, XRumer, GSA SER, ZennoPoster, Srapebox, Senuke, and more than 100 of other software.

Interested? There are a lot of demo videos about XEvil in YouTube.

FREE DEMO AVAILABLE!

See you later :wink: