savvy rest serenity vs ud freedom vs ???

i had the opportunity to recently locally test a serenity by savvy rest. i liked it. i spent about 30 minutes on the mattress and was impressed. the only problem is their price is 2599 :huh: so am back at looking at ud freedom. chuck at dreamfoam was of no help when asked to compare how close the feel is of the ud freedom. all he could say is that it would be a bit softer but not as soft as talalay. i though dreamfoam and chuck would be able to help :frowning: any other latex mattresses out there that can approximate the savvy rest serenity? i asked about ild but the lady had no clue

Hi dormiagnew,

There is more about the different ways that one mattress can match or approximate another one in post #9 here but the Savvy Rest and the Freedom are different designs that use different types of latex and while a knowledgeable and experienced online manufacturer or retailer will be able to help you compare their own mattresses or help you make comparisons with other mattresses they are familiar with … even the best of them won’t be able to help you compare their mattresses with another mattress that is different from their own or that they aren’t familiar with. There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here.

There is also more about the different ways to choose a mattress in post #2 here that can help you identify and minimize the risks involved in each of them.

The Savvy Rest would be closer to other component latex mattresses that use the same type and blend of latex in the same thickness and firmness levels and also have a very similar wool quilted cover.

Phoenix

Dormiagnew

I don’t know where you live, but I just discovered that the Savvy Rest in Berkeley, CA has a 20% discount coupon. I am also interested in the Serenity and had compared the cost of that in a Queen with SleepEz. Based on Phoenix’s input, I considered both Natural and Organic options of the 10000. Even with the discount, the Serenity is still about $400 more than the Organic SleepEz and about $600 more than the Natural. But, I’m picking the Serenity, I think.

The coupon is from the Chinook Book ($20). This is local, but might be a national program. Earthsake and Nest (two other Berkeley businesses also have coupons in the same book, but I can’t remember what those coupons cover.

Anyway, worth a look if you are on the fence. For me, the 20% discount puts the Serenity in a price range (~$2200 before tax) that I feel comfortable with. The SleepEz site does allow returns. Savvy Rest allows exchanges, but not returns, so there are plenty of other considerations. However, just wanted you to know.

TanJent

If you are looking for a Savvy Rest Serenity Queen Dunlop Latex Mattress, I have a new set for sale.

I purchased it and never set it up and kept it too long to return it. You could save a small fortune since new ones cost $2899.

I have it up for auction on eBay this week.

If you have any questions, just message me on eBay and I’ll answer. Again, this mattress was never taken out of the boxes it came in. It is brand new.

Thanks