Savvy Rest Sticker Shock

[quote=“Kzphoto” post=33726]I started my mattress search here (thanks to dumb luck or google or something) and ended up in my first mattress store today. It was a Savvy Rest store. Armed with little info besides wanting the least chemically treated, longest lasting mattress that would ease my back pain I tested several combinations of Talalay and Dunlop mattresses. I didn’t know which was more expensive etc. had I purchased my first choice mattress I would have walked out with a king sized all talalay mattress which was firm at the bottom, medium in the middle, and soft on top. I also would be eating ramen for the next 20 years at $4000 before taxes, a bed frame, bedding, delivery, etc. What i think I have learned since then is that there are 2 Talalay manufacturers. Who makes savvy Rest and do they manufacture for any less expensive brands? I see the ILDs all over this forum…how does Savvy Rest’s firm/med/soft relate in numbers? Based on my experience today, is there somewhere else I should be looking? Is Savvy rest THAT much better than other latex mattress manufacturers? Could I safely translate the mattress from Savvy Rest to another online brand and expect to get a bed that feels like the bed I was on in the showroom?

Thank you to anyone who has insight and can help me. After 4 babies and 2 car accidents, my 13 year old saggy mattress is really not cutting it![/quote]

My wife and I also looked at Savvy Rest and we took had the sticker shock. What we ended up going with was a Sleep EZ 10,000 it is very similar to the Savvy Rest in design and after sleeping on it for month I will say I have been able to swap the layers around to get the mattress to fit my PPP. You can read more about my experience with Sleep EZ here.

I will also say there are other quality latex mattresses out there such as Brooklyn Bedding and other members of this site that also have very quality mattresses.

If you haven’t done so already you should read the tutorial first. Then I would do a little more localized testing on the latex mattress to get the mattress to fit your PPP. Then arming yourself with information from your testing you can call the members of TMU and they will be able to help you pick a mattress that will fit your PPP based off of your local testing.

I hope this helps and I know Phoenix will give you more and probable better advice then I can offer. One thing I learned is there is a lot to mattress shopping and making sure you get a mattress that can fit your PPP.