Savvy Rest vs EZsleep

Hi all,

After some local shopping, a fair amount of reading here, and a growing desire to get rid of my sagging and uncomfortable mattress immediately, I’m starting to lean towards EZsleep natural Talalay in the 10" model. Now I know there are many variables, but in looking at available info, I’ve been led to believe that there are many similarities between a Savvy Rest Serenity and the EZSleep 10000. Can anyone confirm or deny that a Savvy Rest natural latex bed of a particular latex combination is going to have a similar feel to the “equivalent” from EZsleep?

The main reason for asking is that I have access to Savvy Rest mattresses and would like to know if they’re a fairly accurate indicator of how the EZsleep would feel. EZsleep does have a plenty-accomodating return/exchange policy but it’d be nice to avoid that. So experiencing something similar before ordering from EZsleep would be great… And, on the otherhand, I may just want the Savvy Rest mattress anyhow!

Thanks!

Hi LJGMDAD,

A phone conversation with SleepEZ (not EZsleep btw) will be your best source of guidance about which of the options they have available would be the closest to a Savvy Rest combination you tried but if both of them use the same type and blend of latex layers (either 100% natural Talalay or 100% natural Dunlop) in a similar firmness then they would be closely comparable although the woven Savvy Rest cover would be a bit firmer than the SleepEZ cover which has a knit top fabric. A forum search on SleepEZ Savvy Rest (you can just click the link) will also bring up all the forum posts that mention both of them.

Phoenix

Thanks again for this great info. I did try that search first and didn’t find the usual wealth of info that you provide; only that the two would be very similar. :slight_smile:

I have two data points left to gather:

1. Savvy Rest Serenity
  2. Natural Mattress Store Awareness (do you know if this is a knit or woven top fabric cover because I think this one also could be configured to get close to the feel of a SleepEZ 10000?)

I have tried:

1. OMI (Organicpedic) models in both Talalay and Dunlop. Like the Talalay Flora Nouveau. Dislike it’s price.
  2. Latex Bliss “brown” and “blue” models. Like the Eco (natural Talalay). Can live with its price. But it might be a tad firm. I think a 3" top layer would be better than the 2" it has.
  3. Q3. Too soft for proper alignment with the soft Talalay topper but oh so comfy. Too firm without the soft Talalay cover - i.e. just the Dunlop mattress.
  4. Bed-in-a-Box. Much too plush.

Hi LJGMDAD,

I don’t know the specifics of their cover but you can see some information about the firmness of their layers in post #1 here and post #5 here. There is some discrepancy between the ILD of the top layer in the “soft” version between the two and based on forum feedback some of their stores appear to be more knowledgeable and transparent than others.

Phoenix