SavvyRest 7" Tranquility + topper vs. SleepEZ Natural 7000 + topper

Hi Sleepy1,

Thanks for the great review.

It sounds like the anticipation was worth it :slight_smile:

Phoenix

1st morning - zero back pain or stiffness for either of us. :slight_smile: :cheer: :wink:

Is it wrong to love a mattress this much? :wink:

Day 2 and both of us still have zero back pain/stiffness. We’ve been in pain for 5 months, and after 1 night, gone. I find this very surprising.

Hi Sleepy1,

I sure hope not!

That’s great news. There’s often an adjustment period for any new mattress but it seems that your body loves it right from the start and it seems to be making up for the deficiencies of your previous mattress. That kind of adjustment period (none) is always a bonus :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Don’t be alarmed if it comes back. It will likely be brief. I know I was immediately impressed with mine then I hit a few days where things were bad and now back to normal again. I think the adjustment period can be a bit of give and take until things get completely “shaken out”

[quote=“TD-Max” post=13701][quote=“Sleepy1”]
Is it wrong to love a mattress this much? :wink:

Day 2 and both of us still have zero back pain/stiffness. We’ve been in pain for 5 months, and after 1 night, gone. I find this very surprising.
[/quote]

Don’t be alarmed if it comes back. It will likely be brief. I know I was immediately impressed with mine then I hit a few days where things were bad and now back to normal again. I think the adjustment period can be a bit of give and take until things get completely “shaken out”
[/quote]

Yeah, my little black cloud says it can’t stay this good. :slight_smile:

Day 3 we’re still doing fine, but thanks for that advice, so if that does happen we know not to panic right away.

After a full 7 days sleeping on the SleepEZ, no problems to report. Our backs are doing fine. Darn thing seems to get more comfy every night.

Have now decided I need better pajamas. :wink: :ohmy: Seems a shame to climb into such perfect luxury wearing old cheap pjs!

Hi Sleep1,

It’s fun to watch you customize all the pieces connected to your 'sleeping system".

I’ve been working on getting my DH to make me a set of silk pyjamas :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Washable silk, yes, esp. for summer. I’m thinking of a pima cotton too. Will have to do a whole pajama research thing now. :wink: And Phoenix, you really should give those modal sheets a try…

Tonight I was thinking how most mattresses seem to get harder and harder through the night. This one feels just as good in the morning as it did when I first lay down. I’m behind on my reading though. Normally I read in bed for at least a half hour before sleep; now I can’t get through more than a few sentences and I’m OUT. Sleeping 8, 9, 10 hours too. Making up for months of lost sleep I guess. :slight_smile:

I can’t help but think we must have, as you expressed it, chosen a mattress on the edge of too soft. I mean it’s sooo soft! And I’ve always needed an extra-firm mattress! So as it breaks in and I assume gets even softer, it might become too soft. So, what is the typical break-in period for this type of mattress; IOW, when will I know I’m home-free and won’t have to exchange a layer?

TY

Hi Sleepy1,

Latex doesn’t break in as much as polyfoam or memory foam but it will a little and the cover will also stretch and break in. It’s also so elastic that it can also be soft and supportive at the same time. It’s probably a very different feel from what you are used to but you seem to be getting along with it very well!

I doubt you will have a problem but after 30 days or so you should know for sure.

I like some of the viscose fabrics including modal or micromodal and Lenzing is one of the few that make them without harming the environment. My favorite socks are made from bamboo rayon but I haven’t tried modal (beech tree rayon) yet in sheets so it’s still something for me to look forward to.

Thanks for the ongoing feedback.

Phoenix

16 days in and the mattress just gets better and better. Every night I settle in and just smile because it feels so good. I’m behind in my reading though! Seriously, I’ve read in bed for at least a half hour or so before falling asleep every night my whole life…but now, about 15 seconds after I lie down, I’m asleep. No back issues for either of us; much less back stiffness during the day (I no longer have trouble straightening up after a 20-minute car ride); the sciatica is gone; and though I’m a hot sleeper and used to wake up sweaty at least twice every night, now I don’t. So yes, life is good.
:slight_smile:
Sounds like another couple of weeks should tell the story; whether this bed will function well for us over the long haul, or if we’ll need to exchange any layers.

We actually went back to the SavvyRest (SR) store (Mainly Mattresses) where we had tried out the latex beds, to order a coir bed rug, so I took another look at the SR and wanted to mention a couple of small differences in construction. The zippers on the SR are brass; the ones on the SleepEZ are nylon. The cotton/wool covers on the SR are the same cotton material (but no padding) on all sides, even on the bottom; on the SleepEZ, the bottom material is a thin woven material like you find on the bottom of a foundation. This seems to me like cost-cutting in exactly the right places; where you’ll never notice or care. The nylon zipper seemed very sturdy and worked smoothly with no catches. And I don’t think I care about what kind of material is on the bottom of the mattress, as long as the mattress itself is great. Just thought I’d mention these little differences since I did a pretty detailed comparison so far, in case anyone else is interested.

I also want to give some kudos to Mainly Mattresses, a good old-fashioned hometown furniture store that provides great service without high-pressure sales or hype of any kind. To SleepEZ for refusing to sell me a mattress until I’d tried some similar ones in person; for answering endless questions patiently and knowledgably; and for a hassle-free transaction, super-fast delivery, and a beautiful quality product. And of course, again, to Phoenix; thanks to you we can now look forward to years of comfy, restful sleep!
:slight_smile: