Sealy Posturpedic Devotion Plush - looking for something just like it

In 2002 I bought two Sealy Posturpedic Devotion Plush queen-sized mattresses. No box springs, sitting on slats. It is (was) my idea of heaven. My mattress is way overdue being replaced. The one in my guest room is virtually new and I could always move that into my room. It doesn’t look like Sealy makes that mattress any longer, at least not with that name. I would love to be able to find one just like it, soft-ish, but supportive, like sleeping on a cloud.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Hi linelle707,

There is more about the different ways that one mattress can “match” another one in post #9 here but since Sealy doesn’t disclose enough specifics of the materials and components in their matresses and you aren’t likely to find a mattress that has exactly the same specs (and the materials and components they use have changed as well), only way to find a mattress that has a similar feel and performance in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) would be based on your own personal testing.

I would also make sure that you read the mattress shopping tutorial before buying a Sealy or any major brand (or any mattress where you aren’t able to find out the quality of the materials in the mattress) and I would tend to avoid all the major brands anyway (see the guidelines here) because they all tend to use lower quality and less durable materials or in the much less common cases where they do disclose the quality of the materials inside them and use better quality materials they are not particularly good value compared to many mattresses that are made by many smaller manufacturers across the country.

The mattress industry has changed a great deal since you last purchased a mattress (see post #404 here and post #12 here).

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses so that you know “how” to choose the most suitable, the most durable, and the best value mattress in your budget range based on all the criteria that are most important to you.

Phoenix

Phoenix, thank you for your reply. I kinda knew that it wouldn’t be easy. Mattress shopping and the care and knowledge required to make an informed decision is why I’ve hung onto an old mattress that is clearly aging. I’m not sure what qualifies as a small, independent mattress store, obviously not Macy’s, Sleep Train, or Mattress Discounters. There’s no way I’m going to spend $4K+ on a mattress.

Hi linelle707,

I would have a difficult time spending 4K on a mattress as well when there are so many great quality choices that are significantly less than that.

Outside of PPP and the things you can “feel” … the most important part of a purchase is to make sure that you know what is inside any mattress you are considering so that you can make sure that there are no weak links in the design regardless of the name of the manufacturer. Lower quality and less durable materials can “feel” the same as higher quality and less durable materials when you test them in a showroom … they just don’t last as long. The smaller manufacturers (and even some of the medium size manufacturers that are in the top 15) will tend to be more open and transparent about their specifications and what they use inside their mattresses and would be the ones where you would have a much higher chance of success.

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know about any of the better options or “possibilities” I’m aware of in your area.

Phoenix

Thank you, Phoenix. I really appreciate your helpful reply. :slight_smile: I live in 95403, about an hour north of San Francisco.

Hi linelle707,

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the San Francisco / Santa Rosa area (subject to the “value” guidelines I linked in my earlier reply) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix